Award Amount: $52,000 per year, with up to an additional $6,000 for travel
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Metropolitan Museum of Art invites applications for “MET Fellowship” for a community of scholars from around the world. You must have a graduate degree in conservation or equivalent experience to apply for the scholarship. The Research Scholar is fully integrated into the life of The Met and is given unique access to the inner workings of the Museum through a rich program of tours, roundtable discussions, and workshops.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, colloquially “the Met,” is located in New York City, and is the largest art museum in the United States. With 7.06 million visitors in 2016, it was the second most visited art museum in the world and the fifth most visited museum of any kind.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- The Research Scholar is expected to have a graduate degree in conservation or equivalent experience and should be completely committed to the conservation of photographs as his or her area of specialization.
- The fellowship program is open to and regularly hosts international scholars.
Instructions for Applying:
To be applying for the scholarship, you may check the given link: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/conservation
- Full curriculum vitae of education, professional experience, honors, awards, and publications
- Project proposal including:
- A statement, not to exceed 1,000 words, describing what you expect to accomplish during the fellowship period and how you will utilize the Museum’s resources and collection to achieve your objectives
- Tentative schedule of work to be accomplished during the fellowship period and proposed starting and ending dates
- Contact information for three recommenders (at least one academic and one professional), none of whom may be current Metropolitan Museum of Art staff.
The fellowship provides stipend amount is $52,000 per year, with up to an additional $6,000 for travel (maximum of six weeks).
Detailed Information Link:
Have any query you can contact to mailto:academic.programs-at-metmuseum.org