Title: Dean Open Positions
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: Ongoing
Michigan Technological University is seeking applications for a visionary leader to serve as Dean of the College of Engineering. The dean of the College of Engineering (CoE) provides leadership in shaping the vision for the future role of the CoE within the University, the state of Michigan, higher education, and society at large. The dean is responsible for fostering successful collaborations among personnel within the CoE, other areas of the University, and external constituencies.
Michigan Technological University (commonly referred to as Michigan Tech, MTU, or simply Tech) is a public research university located in Houghton, Michigan, United States. Its main campus sits on 925 acres (374 ha) on a bluff overlooking Portage Lake. Michigan Tech was founded in 1885 as the first post-secondary institution in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and was created to train mining engineers to operate the local copper mines.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Ability to articulate a clear vision for the future of engineering research, education, and
fundraising at Michigan Tech.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and
- Proven leadership ability and collaborative management skills.
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and the ability to manage budgets.
- Demonstrated success in building partnerships among diverse stakeholder groups.
- Experience with and commitment to shared governance.
- Earned PhD or equivalent degree in engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Administrative experience at or above a level equivalent to a department chair or
head leading in an academic institution or in a research-oriented organization.
- Experience in managing and leading PhD-level (or equivalent) engineers and/or
- Experience in promoting a culture of safety as a professional value and an essential
component of day-to-day activities.
- Experience in developing and/or maintaining a safe, diverse, inclusive, welcoming,
and equitable environment.
- Experience in teaching at the college level.
- Record of independent and collaborative scholarship consistent with that expected
for a professor in the CoE.
- Experience in fostering interdisciplinary research and/or entrepreneurial activities.
- Experience in generating resources through coordinated fundraising efforts.
How to Apply:
In order to be applying for the position you may check the given link: