Award Amount: $7,000
Number of Awards: 1
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Winner Announcement: November 7, 2017
The Michigan Technological University is pleased to announce the School of Business and Economics Impact Scholarship. The scholarship program is open to first-year students enrolling in their first fall semester at Michigan Technological University. High school seniors (who are U.S. residents) planning to major in accounting, economics, engineering management, finance, general business, management, management information systems, or marketing are encouraged to apply. The program recognizes resident and nonresident high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership experience and academic success both in and outside the classroom
Michigan Technological University is a public research university, home to more than 7,000 students from 60 countries around the world. Founded in 1885, the University offers more than 120 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in science, technology, engineering, and math, forestry, business and economics, health professions, humanities, and social sciences.
To be considered for, a student must:
- Academically talented high school seniors (who are U.S. residents) planning to major in accounting, economics, engineering management, finance, general business, management, management information systems, or marketing are encouraged to apply.
- Students should be able to showcase leadership skills and experience as well as demonstrate the potential to succeed at Michigan Tech.
- In general, applicants should meet the following academic guidelines:
- 00 or higher cumulative GPA at time of application (on a 4.00 scale)
- ACT composite score of 23 or higher or a new SAT total score of 1140 or higher
Instructions for Applying:
- To be applying, the applicant can submit an online scholarship application by creating an account through the given link: https://michigantech.slideroom.com/#/Login
- The applicant can complete the free online application for admission at http://www.mtu.edu/admissions/apply/steps/
Submit an essay response: Write a one-page (300 words) essay addressing the following topic: “Studying business at a technological university provides students with unique opportunities to bridge the world of business with technology. How do you view the role of business, innovation, and technology as it relates to your career goals?”
- One student will be awarded an annual scholarship equivalent to full-time resident tuition. Additional students will receive scholarships valued up to $7,000 per year.
- The awards are renewable for four years (eight semesters) of study.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have questions regarding the School of Business and Economics Impact Scholarship, contact Sara Pingel at 906-487-3501, or email sepingel-at-mtu.edu.