Award Amount: $12,000
Number of Awards: 15
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: The end of the third week in December
The Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) is pleased to announce its most prestigious academic scholarship, the “Chancellor’s Scholarship” for incoming freshmen from the state of Missouri. To eligible, the applicant must be a 2018 high school graduate who is a resident of the state of Missouri and have strong leadership skills through school and community activities. The program is open to assist outstanding students like yourself in attending Missouri S&T, one of the nation’s finest universities.
Missouri University of Science and Technology, commonly Missouri S&T and formerly known as the University of Missouri–Rolla and originally Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy, is a public space grant university located in Rolla, Missouri, United States and a member institution of the University of Missouri System. Missouri S&T was founded in 1870 as the Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy (MSM), the first technological learning institution west of the Mississippi River.
Eligibility for the Chancellor’s Scholarship is met by the following criteria:
- Be in the upper 10% of your high school graduating class or have a GPA of 3.75 or better after six semesters.
- Have strong leadership skills through school and community activities.
- Take the ACT (or SAT) test by Oct. 28, 2017, and receive an ACT score of 31 or better to be eligible. (If taking the SAT, a CR+M score of 1420 is needed.)
- Be a resident of the state of Missouri
- Be a 2018 high school graduate
Instructions for Applying:
To apply for the Chancellor’s Scholarship, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: https://mst.academicworks.com/opportunities/13409
- They recommend that you apply for admission two weeks in advance of the November 1st Chancellor’s Scholarship deadline to allow time to process your application.Go to http://apply.mst.edu/and complete the online admissions application.
- Set up your permanent password for Joe’SS once you receive the email from Admissions that contains your user name and the email that contains your temporary password, as you will need this information to log into the AcademicWorks scholarship database to apply. Allow 1 business day before logging into AcademicWorks.
- An official high school transcript must be sent to the Admissions Office.
- Upload a 750-word or fewer essays with a title through Academic Works
- Reference page
Send transcripts to Missouri University of Science and Technology
106 Parker Hall
300 W. 13th Street
Rolla, MO 65409
The highly competitive scholarship of $12,000 per year will be awarded to 15 students. This would be a revised scholarship offer and will supersede any other offer that was provided by the Admissions Office. This is a four-year package renewable with a cumulative grade point average of 3.25.
Detailed Information Link: