Award Amount: Intern will work with MIUSA staff
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 15, 2017, or until the position is filled
Winner Announcement: Not known
Would you like to learn more about human rights, disability rights or women’s empowerment? Do you have an interest or experience in cross-cultural exchange and working with diverse populations? The Mobility International USA (MIUSA) is a dynamic, disability-led organization who is seeking an intern to contribute their research and communication skills to their team. MIUSA appreciates your interest in promoting equality and opportunity for persons with disabilities worldwide. People with disabilities, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply!
Mobility International USA (MIUSA) is an equal opportunity organization. Founded in 1981, MIUSA is a disability-led non-profit organization headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, USA advancing disability rights and leadership globally. It is a cross-disability organization serving people with a broad range of disabilities.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- People with disabilities, women, and minorities, are encouraged to apply.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent detail-oriented, organizational and prioritizing skillsAbility to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively via e-mail, telephone, Skype, video relay, instant messaging and other media
- Computer experience and skills, including using software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, Salesforce, InDesign
- Experience and skills developing and updating website content, and social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- English or ASL proficiency required
- Knowledge of one or more languages other than English a plus (especially Spanish, Vietnamese, Armenian)
- Experience or interest in disability issues, diversity, women’s rights, and/or human rights a plus
- Experience or interest in international cultural exchange a plus
- Experience in a non-profit, civic or governmental, educational, or international context a plus
- Professional or personal experience working with people with disabilities a plus
Instructions for Applying:
To apply for this internship, with the subject line: Research Internship Application, the applicants must email a cover letter and resume to Chloe Crawford, Intern and Volunteer Coordinator at ccrawford-at-miusa.org.
In your cover letter and/or resume, address the following questions:
- What is your interest in working with Mobility International USA?
- What strengths will you bring?
- What is your experience with disability rights, international exchange and/or international development?
Note: Also, indicate your availability from October through December 2017, including how soon you are available, other commitments that may conflict with your MIUSA internship and number of hours per week you are available.
MIUSA internship positions are unpaid and interns are responsible for their own insurance, relocating, and living expenses. This is a three-month (approximate) internship at MIUSA’s office in downtown Eugene, Oregon USA. The intern will work with MIUSA staff to determine organizational needs and to assess the intern’s academic and professional goals. Interns must commit to ten hours per week. Projects may include:
- Alumni outreach and networking. Support with an exciting project to help identify past MIUSA alumni through research using social media, communicating with active alumni, and other innovative methods. Managing and updating the alumni database and Facebook Alumni groups. The MIUSA alumni network encompasses over 2300 alumni from over 135 countries!
- Media support. Assisting with implementation of a media strategies to promote MIUSA’s work, including drafting social media posts and press releases, highlighting alumni achievements and success stories, and disseminating information to media outlets.
- Assisting with fundraising for future MIUSA programs.
- Organizational Support. Assisting with office management tasks (Mail, computer tasks, file management).Specific projects related to intern goals.
- Other timely tasks as assigned to achieve goals of the entire organization.
Detailed Information Link: