Award Amount: $16,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 1 (11:59 pm EST) each year
Winner Announcement: Not known
Initiated by the Mustard Seed Foundation (MSF), the Harvey Fellows Program seeks to mark, equip and encourage individuals to actively integrate their faith and vocation as leaders in strategic occupations. The program is open to all nations’ Christian students who are pursuing graduate studies at premier universities in fields considered to be underrepresented by Christians. The purpose of the program provides financial support to students who possess a unique vision to impact society through their vocations.
The Mustard Seed Foundation is a Christian family foundation established in 1983 under the leadership of Dennis W. Bakke and Eileen Harvey Bakke. The Foundation was created as an expression of their desire to be faithful stewards of the financial resources entrusted to them, to bring together the members of their extended families into common ministry, and to advance the kingdom of God.
- Christian students who are pursuing graduate studies at premier universities in fields considered to be underrepresented by Christians and who possess a unique vision to impact society through their vocations.
- All nations students are encouraged to apply.
- Christians who are pursuing advanced educational degrees in preparation for leadership roles in society are also may apply.
Instructions for Applying:
To be applying, the applicant must submit an online application through the given link: http://msfdn.org/harveyfellows/online-application/
The application includes the following components:
- Complete Contact Information
- Current Resume or CV
- Vocational Goal Statement: The vocational goal statement is a short summary of the applicant’s vocational goals. It should explain what the applicant’s degree program will enable him or her to accomplish.
- Affirmation of the Lausanne Covenant: The Lausanne Covenant must be affirmed.
- Essays: Five essays are required and one is encouraged with a maximum 400 words each.
- Essay #1: Personal Faith Statement
- Essay #2: Vocational Goals
- Essay #3: Impact
- Essay #4: Leadership
- Essay #5: Degree Program
- Essay #6: Other (Optional, but encouraged)
- School and Degree Program Information
- Recommendation Letters
- Four recommendation letters are required. The letters must come from the applicant’s:
- Current Local Church
- Academic Advisor
- Academic or Professional Field
- Other Spiritual Recommender
- Test Scores: GRE, LSAT, GMAT or other test scores are required for those applicants who have not yet been admitted to their intended degree program.
- Official Transcripts
- Work Sample: The work sample may be a significant piece of academic work (research paper or excerpt, conference presentation, published work, scientific research proposal, recital tape, artwork, etc).
- Each individual selected for the Harvey Fellowship is awarded an initial stipend of $16,000.
- Fellows are free to use their stipends for legitimate educational expenses which further their vocational goals including tuition, living expenses, research tools or travel, studio space, professional conferences, and interview travel.
- The number of Fellowships awarded each year (both new and renewal) varies according to available funds of the Mustard Seed Foundation.
- Stipends may be renewed for up to two additional years.
- Funding may be provided for a total of two years for most master’s programs and a total of three years for law and doctoral programs.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have additional questions, contact http://msfdn.org/contact/