The National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL) is seeking applications for “National Association of Dental Laboratories Pillar Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to students who have graduated high school or have obtained an equivalent and working knowledge of the English language. The scholarship will be awarded $1,000 to each recipient.
The National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL) is the national trade association representing the interests of individuals and businesses involved in the commercial dental laboratory industry.
- Award Amount: $1,000
- Deadline: March 15 for the spring, September 15 for the fall
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
To be eligible, the student must possess
- Have a working knowledge of the English language.
- Have graduated high school or have obtained an equivalent.
- Are of satisfactory legal and ethical standing in the dental laboratory and dental community.
Applicants may qualify for the scholarship by meeting any one of the following education and experience requirements:
- Recognized Graduates (RG) of a 2-year ADA accredited dental technology program may apply for the CDT examinations upon graduation and successful completion of the RG exam.
- Recognized Graduates (RG) of non-ADA accredited dental technology programs may apply for the CDT examinations addition to, and not concurrent with, their two years of formal education.
- Graduates of ADA-accredited dental technology education programs (non-RGs) may apply for the NBC’s CDT examinations after completion of two years of practical experience in addition to their education.
- Technicians trained and educated in other settings may apply for the CDT examinations upon completion of at least five years of practical experience in dental technology (at least 35 hours per week).
- Technicians who are able to provide sufficient documentation of continuing education (CE) and experience in accordance with NBC policy may apply for the CDT examinations.
- Any technician who is currently a Certified Dental Technician may apply for the scholarship in order to achieve an additional certification.
Instructions for Applying:
To consider for the scholarship you can apply either online or offline through the given link:
- Online Applications: https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/j54K71fdVoJaBpc804156g
- Offline Applications: http://dentallabfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Pillar-Scholarship-Application-1.pdf
The complete application packet must be sent to the address given below:
FDLT Pillar Scholarship 325 John Knox Road, #L103 Tallahassee, FL 32303 Phone: (866) 627-3990 Fax: (850) 222-0053 R
- Completed and attached Letter of Interest.
- Signed application affidavit
- The scholarship amount awarded is up to $1,000.00 per recipient.
The Pillar Scholarship covers the application and testing fees for a candidate to take the written comprehensive examination, the written specialty examination and the hands-on practical examination, one time each.
- It also awards the candidate a certificate that can be used to purchase study materials through the NADL.
- Scholarship recipients must take all three examinations within 12 months after being awarded the scholarship.
Detailed Information Link: