Award Amount: $40,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: Between October 1 and December 31
Winner Announcement: Not Known
National Public Radio Organization is pleased to offer “Kroc Fellowship” it is a year-long, intensive training program designed to bring exceptional people into the public radio system. Kroc Fellowships are open to students who have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree on or after January 1, 2016. The Fellowship is designed to offer exposure to various units at NPR, in both the News and Digital Divisions, and at an NPR Member Station.
National Public Radio (usually shortened to NPR, stylized as NPR) is an American privately and publicly funded non-profit membership media organization that serves as a national syndicator to a network of 900 public radio stations in the United States.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- Students who have earned an undergraduate or graduate degree on or after January 1, 2016
- Who expects to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree by the spring of 2017 before the fellowship begins in August 2017.
Instructions for Applying:
Application for the scholarship can be completed by the given link:
You will be required to submit the following:
- Cover letter, explaining why you should be selected
- Sample work reflecting remarkable initiative or accomplishment. This might be in the form of a writing sample (of 1000 words or less, please), a link to an excerpt (five minutes or so) from a video production or a musical composition, etc.
- Academic transcript(s) – unofficial transcripts will be accepted.
- Two references – names and contact information to be part of your application.
Submit all application materials in PDF or Microsoft Word documents can be emailed directly to Francis Montes Vázquez: fmontes-at-uw.edu.
- Applicants who will win the fellowship receive a stipend of more than $40,000 and benefits, including paid vacation.
- NPR will provide Kroc Fellows with professional guidance and assist in job placement.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any questions regarding scholarship you can send to Kroc-at-npr.org