Anticipated Hiring Range: $48,000 – $52,000
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Consideration Date: September 27, 2017
The Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences at NC State University is pleased to offer Research Assistantship. To eligible, the applicants must have a graduate degree in bioinformatics, bioengineering, or related field and relevant research experience. The Peng Lab uses systems approaches to better understand pathogen-host-microbiome interactions and microbial pathogenesis. The selected individual will understand the rationale for the research and will perform related experiments to test research hypotheses. Research duties will include working directly with experimental data sequencing data. The individual will perform various techniques to address scientific questions including analysis, integration, interpretation, and method development for large-scale sequencing datasets.
The mission of the Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences at North Carolina (NC) State University is to provide outstanding instruction and mentoring in the professional veterinary curriculum and graduate programs and to conduct basic and clinical biomedical research. The PengLab is housed in the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM) Research Building located at the NC State Biomedical Centennial Campus and is part of NC State Bioinformatics Research Center.
- Must have graduate degree in bioinformatics, bioengineering, or related field and relevant research experience
- Departmental Required Skills:
- Prior relevant research experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, goal oriented and high level of motivation
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with deep sequencing data analysis software and data analysis
- Programming using Perl, R, C, Matlab, or Java
- Excellent science writing skills. Must be able to significantly contribute to grant and manuscript writing.
- Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- More in-depth knowledge and experience with deep sequencing data analysis related to infectious diseases and immunology.
- Research experience with complex immune genes.
- Demonstrated experience in publishing research findings in peer-reviewed journals
- P.hD. in Bioinformatics or similar quantitative fields
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, the applicants can submit application by creating an account, through the given link: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/login
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for References
If you have any questions, contact Talent Solutions at (919) 515-2135 or employment-at-ncsu.edu for assistance.