Award Amount: $7,000 plus tuition
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: February 15, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) would like to announce “Division II Degree Completion Award Program”. The Division II Degree-Completion Award has been established to assist student-athletes who have exhausted eligibility at an active Division II member institution. NCAA serves as a laboratory experience for those student-athletes who choose to major in Physical Education and for those pursuing careers in coaching or recreation.
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a non-profit organization which regulates athletes of 1,281 institutions, conferences, and individuals. It also organizes the athletic programs of many colleges and universities in the United States and Canada and helps more than 450,000 college student-athletes who compete annually in college sports.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- The applicant shall be a student-athlete who has completed athletics eligibility at an active NCAA Division II institution.
- Applicant must be within 32 semester hours (48 quarter hours) of completion of an undergraduate degree.
- The degree must be completed within 10-semesters (15 quarters).
- Applicant must be meeting the institution’s standard for good academic standing.
- The applicant cannot concurrently receive any athletics aid from the institution.
- Applicant must use the award to complete the first undergraduate degree requirements from the institution where the student-athlete exhausted his or her athletics eligibility.
- The Division II Degree-Completion Award value is the lesser of:
- Tuition for his or her remaining credits toward completing an undergraduate degree; or $7,000.
- The Division II Degree-Completion Award may be used for the summer term and other short terms immediately preceding or following the final undergraduate term/year, provided it is within the student-athletes 10 semesters (15 quarters).
- An institution is limited to nominating a maximum of three student-athletes for the Division II Degree-Completion Award.
- The committee will rank all applicants who have completed applications and will reach out to alternates as awarding dollars become available.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants, who are interested to apply for this award, must check the given link:
- Tuition for his or her remaining credits toward completing an undergraduate degree or
Detailed Information Link: