Award Amount: $55,000 per year plus other benefits
Number of Awards:2
Deadline: November 1, 2017, and July 31, 2019
Winner Announcement: Not known
The National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) at the University of Michigan is delighted to announce the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. The program is open to scholars who are engaging in diversity scholarship, in any field or department represented at the University of Michigan’s schools and colleges. The program provides a unique opportunity to serve as a scholar in residence with protected time for focused scholarship, as well as to engage with the rich intellectual community at the University of Michigan.
The National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) is based at the University of Michigan and seeks to strengthen and integrate research about diversity, equity, and inclusion in education and society, and to promote its effective use in addressing contemporary issues. The University of Michigan continues to be one of the leaders in diversifying academia, with a distinguished history of advancing equity and inclusion in higher education and society.
- Applications are welcome from scholars engaging in diversity scholarship, in any field or department represented at the University of Michigan’s schools and colleges.
- Applicants’ doctoral degrees should be completed between January 1, 2011, and July 1, 2018.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://ncid.infoready4.com/
The application for the NCID Postdoctoral Fellowship will require the submission of:
- Statement of proposed scholarship and writing to be conducted during the fellowship year
- Statement of contribution explaining how the applicant’s scholarship and demonstrated diversity commitments will contribute to both NCID and a related U-M academic or research unit
- Dissertation abstract
- Writing sample (of publications, or works under review or in progress)
- At least two letters of recommendation
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The National Center for Institutional Diversity anticipates awarding two NCID Postdoctoral Fellowships during the 2018-2019 academic year. The salary for the Postdoctoral Fellows is $55,000 per year plus benefits.
- Fellows will receive additional support for conference travel and other research-related expenses. Each of the Fellowships offers protected research time, faculty mentoring, and career development opportunities.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellows (Fellows) at the University of Michigan are here to receive training from University of Michigan faculty, to prepare for future careers as researchers, and in many cases to become peers and colleagues of the faculty at U-M or elsewhere.
Link for More Information:
For any questions relating to recruitment, eligibility, technical issues, or program details, contact: National Center for Institutional Diversity, 610 East University Avenue, Suite 3338, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, or ncidpostdoc-at-umich.edu or call to 734.764.6497, or 734.764.6600 (fax)