Title: NCSE National Conference and Global Forum on Science, Policy, and the Environment
Theme: Building Resilience in a Changing World
Conference Date: January 23-24, 2018
Registration Deadline: October 20
Location: Washington, DC – Hyatt Regency Crystal City at The Washington, DC
The National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE) will hold its 18th National Conference and Global Forum: the Science, Business, and Education of Sustainable Infrastructure: Building Resilience in a Changing World. The trisects of science, business and education working together, presents an opportunity for infrastructure to be built, rebuilt, maintained or upgraded to meet standards of sustainability. Innovation in all fields of natural sciences, engineering, computing, social sciences, and education working with business and government offers great potential.
We are living in a world of convergence. Boundaries are blurring between natural and built environments, humans and machines, economy and the environment. Humanity has considerable power to design the environment in which we reside. The rapid pace of science and technological change provides important opportunities for human prosperity and well-being. Infrastructure is the interconnected system of the physical, natural and social components that societies need to function.
The conference will engage people from multiple perspectives, sectors, and disciplines in a rich conversation that will expand personal perspectives, change the way we operate in our professional lives, and influence the policy and scholarly agenda moving forward.
- Advance strategic frameworks for sustainability and resilient infrastructure
- Catalyze thinking and action using a systems perspective on sustainable infrastructure for a healthy economy and environment that benefits all
- Explore the human and ethical dimensions of infrastructure
- Identify science and education to supply tools and information that can drive local outcomes in alliance with global and national challenges
- Advance teaching and educational infrastructure across disciplines and institutional types
- Build collaborating communities of scholars and practitioners in business, government, and civil society
Registration for the conference must be completed by the given link: