Award Amount: Total $6,000
Number of Awards: 5
Deadline: February 1
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Nebraska Society of Professional Engineers is offering NeSPE High School Scholarship Program named as the Northeast Chapter (Columbus area), Eastern Chapter (Omaha area), or the NeSPE State scholarship. These several scholarships are available for high school seniors that plan on attending an engineering program next year. In order to apply, the Applicants must plan to attend an engineering program that is accredited by the ABET-EAC.
The Nebraska Society of Professional Engineers, recognizing that service to humanity, to their nation and to their state is the fundamental purpose of professional engineering, dedicates itself to the promotion and the protection of the profession of engineering as a social and economic influence vital to the welfare of the community and of all mankind.
- Applicants must plan to attend an engineering program that is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET-EAC)
- US Citizen at time of application
- Minimum GPA/SAT/ACT scores listed in application
- Applying for a Chapter Scholarship automatically applies the student for the State Scholarship also.
- The student must submit their application to the correct chapter scholarship chair where they reside.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can download the application through the given link: http://nspenebraska.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/NeSPE_High_School_Cover_Letter_and_Application.pdf
- List references, activities, financial information and jobs
- Recommendations of Teachers (at least two)
- Employer Recommendation (optional)
- Essay (maximum 500 words)
- One Official High School Transcript (must be in sealed envelope)
- SAT/ACT Scores (SAT Math: 600, Verbal: 500) (ACT Math: 29, English: 25) Attach One Official Score Sheet.
Mail the complete application package to:
- NeSPE Eastern Chapter Scholarship &NeSPE State Chapter Scholarship Attn: Brock Beran TREKK Design Group 2858 Sprague Street Omaha, NE 68111
- NeSPE Northeast Chapter Attn: Jim Hackney 20220 250th Ave Columbus, NE 68601
- The applications must be postmarked by February 1 to the person listed in the application.
The following scholarships are offered:
- State Annual Scholarship (In-state only): $1,500, two (2) available
- Northeast Chapter Annual Scholarship (School of your choice): $1,000, One (1) Available
- Eastern Chapter Annual Scholarship (In-state only): $1,000, two (2) available
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions regarding the high school scholarship may be addressed to Eastern Chapter (Omaha area) – Brock Beran, P.E. at bberan-at-trekkdesigngroup.com or Northeast Chapter (Columbus area) – Jim Hackney, P.E. at jrhackn-at-frontier.net