Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 8, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Richard Linn American Inn of Court would like to announce scholarship termed as “Mark T. Banner Scholarship”. Law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States and who will continue in that program through at least the fall semester 2018 are eligible. The scholarship is part of the Richard Linn American Inn of Court’s commitment to fostering the development of intellectual property lawyers of high ethics, civility and professionalism, and especially those from diverse backgrounds.
The Docket is a publication of New York University School of Law that publishes notices of NYU School of Law course announcements, administrative bulletins, event announcements, and other notices of general interest to the Law School community.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States and who will continue in that program through the fall semester 2018.
- Commitment to the pursuit of a career in intellectual property law.
- Commitment, qualities and actions toward ethics, civility and professionalism.
- Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school).
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership qualities and community involvement.
- Member of a historically underrepresented group in IP law (including race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability).
Instructions for Applying:
The application form can be downloaded by the given link:
The scholarship recipient’s school must provide:
- Academic transcripts (law school, undergraduate/graduate school)
- Three-page statement describing (a) how ethics, civility and professionalism have been a focus of the candidate; (b) how diversity has impacted the candidate; and (c) the candidate’s commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law
- Contact information for three references
All application material as a single PDF file should be submitted by e-mail to:
Mark T. Banner Scholarship
c/o The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
The recipient of the Mark T. Banner Scholarship will receive $10,000.
Detailed Information Link: