Award Amount: USD 13,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: January 4, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
New York University (NYU) is pleased to announce the applications for the “World Journalist Fellowship”. The fellowship program is open to those students who are enroll in one of graduate programs in journalism at the NYU’s Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute. All applicants will also receive a stipend of approximately USD 13,000 for each of the two semesters of the fellowship.
New York University (NYU) was founded in 1831, which is a private nonprofit research university based in New York City. They believe that journalism has a serious public mission, and can make a difference in the world.
To eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Full-time Journalists, who are internationally based and who hold non-U.S. passports, with a minimum of two years experience at a print or electronic journalism publication.
- A combination of free-lance journalism assignments equal to at least two years of full-time work will be considered.
- Internships and work for student publications do not count toward the two-year requirement.
- Public Relations and corporate communications experience do not qualify.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and at least one additional language.
- Candidates must possess a four-year undergraduate degree or a three-year undergraduate degree plus one year of graduate work.
- Employees (including immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each) of NYU or their affiliates and subsidiaries are not eligible.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the candidates can enter online by submitting their email or create an account through the given link: https://nyujournalism.submittable.com/submit/100030/2018-world-journalist-fellowship
- The Fellowship will cover tuition expenses and registration fees for two of the three semesters of the program.
- The fellow will also receive a stipend of approximately USD 13,000 for each of the two semesters of the fellowship.
Detailed Information Link: