Award Amount: $5,000 each
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: September 19th, 2017
Winner Announcement: Fall of 2017
NEWH New York Chapter is pleased to announce its annual scholarship named as the NEWH New York Chapter Scholarship. The program is open to students who are pursuing careers affiliated in the Hospitality Industry.Through scholarships, seminars and educational programs, the NEWHrecognizes the talent and ability of students and encourage involvement in all areas of the Hospitality, Foodservice, Senior Living and related fields.
Founded in 1984, NEWH is an international non-profit organization, which provides access to the hospitality industry through scholarships, mentorship, and education. NEWH, INC. is dedicated to the Hospitality Industry. It is their goal to further their industry through education.
To eligible, the applicant must:
- Must be a currently enrolled student attending an accredited college in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island or Northern New Jersey
- Must have completed half the requirements for a degree or certification in the program you are currently enrolled
- Must show financial need and have eligible outstanding debt for tuition, books or supplies at time of scholarship award
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be pursuing a career objective in the Hospitality Industry (i.e., Hotel/Restaurant Management, Culinary, Food Service, Architecture, Design etc.)
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant must submit online application through the given link: https://newh.org/products/checkout/#25
The applicant must upload a single PDF file to include the required items below:
- Student essay, two pages double-spaced in 12pt. to include:
- Background of yourself and your experience
- Your goals and objectives after graduation
- What prompted you to choose this career?
- Describe the contributions you have made to your school program or fellow students through leadership or participation.
- Why is obtaining this scholarship important to you?
- If your application is not accepted, what plans do you have for financing?
- Official Transcript
- Letters of recommendation from (example): Professor, advisor, department head
- Letters from industry professionals, past or current employers, etc.
NOTE: File name must include your first/last name (i.e. JohnSmith_scholarship_application.pdf)
In 2016, NEWH New York Chapter awarded $20,000 in scholarships to 4 deserving students! NEWH chapters and regional groups across the U.S., Canada, and the UK award scholarships annually, based on whether the student is in a 2-year or 4-year program. Scholarship winners will be honored at a NEWH New York chapter event in the fall of 2017.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions about the scholarships, contact by email at newh.scholarship-at-newh.orgor 800.593.6394