If you have a passion for storytelling and want to promote positivity in African-American communities then, you have a chance to display it through this NNPA Fellowship. The fellowship is sponsored by the National Newspaper Publisher Association in partnership with Chevrolet. To be eligible, you must be between 18-years-old (19 if residing in Alabama) and 22 and enrolled in a Historically Black College & University by the application deadline.
National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA) is a trade association of the more than 200 African American-owned community newspapers from around the United States. Since its founding 75 years ago, NNPA has consistently been the voice of the black community.
- Award Amount: $90,000
- Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Winner Announcement: May 4, 2018
Canadians and other foreign nationals are eligible to apply:
- Applicant must be between 18-years-old (19 if residing in Alabama) and 22 and enrolled in a Historically black college & University by the application deadline.
- US citizen and other foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications must be submitted online through this link: http://www.nnpa.org/dtu/online-application/
- To be applying, applicants must create a video. Your video submission is your opportunity to tell us who you are and express your creativity. Here are some suggestions:
- Describe your passion for journalism and storytelling.
- What are your top 3 skills that you would bring to the DTU Fellowship Road Trip Program?
- Why do you want to be a DTU Fellow?
- Submit a resume, not to exceed one page, including:
- College/University academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Current GPA (grade point average)
- Permanent and school address, email and mobile number
- Work experience
- Special skills
- Links to writing and work samples and social media addresses
- Reference from your college professor or advisor (name, phone, and email address)
- Writing Sample
- Six HBCU students will be selected as DTU 2018 Fellows and each will receive a $10,000 scholarship and a $5,000 stipend.
- Each 3-person team will be provided with the use of an all-new 2018 Chevrolet Equinox for the duration of the DTU road trip.
- Over the course of 8-weeks, each team will travel to two different cities where they will work for two NNPA newspapers.
Detailed Information Link: