Northeastern University is a private institution that was founded in 1898. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 13,473, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 73 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Northeastern University’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 40. Its tuition and fees are $49,497 (2017-18). The university has satellite campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina, Seattle, Washington, and San Jose, California that exclusively offer graduate degrees. An additional satellite campus opened in Toronto, Ontario, Canada in late 2016. The university’s enrollment is approximately 18,000 undergraduate students and 7,000 graduate students.
- “Educate students for a life of fulfillment and accomplishment”.
- “Create and translate knowledge to meet global and societal needs”.
“Their vision is to be a university that expands the meaning and impact of their engagement in the world using their knowledge and resources as positive forces for change in both their local communities and their global society.”
- Northeastern University’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities is 40.
- Northeastern University’s ranking in 2017 is 39.
- Northeastern University’s ranking in 2016 is 47.
- Northeastern University’s ranking in 2015 is 42.
- Northeastern offers undergraduate majors in 65 departments.
- At the graduate level, there are more than 125 programs.
- A Northeastern education is dynamic, interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial.
Cost & Financial Aid
At Northeastern University, 37 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $27,534.
- Northeastern University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 13,473, with a gender distribution of 49 percent male students and 51 percent female students.
- At this school, 45 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 54 percent of students live off campus.
- In sports, Northeastern University is part of the NCAA I.
Northeastern University offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, day care, health service, and health insurance. Northeastern University also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
Northeastern had 1,257 full-time faculties, 94.4% of whom possess a doctorate or the terminal degree in their field, and 403 part-time faculties in fall 2015. Northeastern faculty members direct more than 35 research and education centers, including a National Science Foundation (NSF) Engineering Research Center, an NSF Nanomanufacturing Center, and two NSF Integrated Graduate Education and Research Traineeship programs.
- Address: 360 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
- Phone: +1 617-373-2000
- Acceptance Rate: 28% (2016)
- Website: http://www.northeastern.edu/
You can also join our facebook page kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/