Award Amount: $62,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: December 15, 2017, at 5 p.m. CT.
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Buffett Institute for Global Studies at Northwestern University is inviting applications for a two-year Keyman Modern Turkish Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship. Scholars whose research addresses transnational social processes, problems or conflicts in connection to contemporary Turkey are welcome to apply. The Buffett Institute addresses critical global issues through collaborative research, public dialogue, and engaged scholarship.
Northwestern University (NU) is a private research university based in Evanston, Illinois, with other campuses located in Chicago and Doha, Qatar, and academic programs and facilities in Washington, D.C., and San Francisco, California. Northwestern is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research, and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community.
To be eligible, the student must possess:
- All candidates must have received their Ph.D. between December 14, 2013, and August 31, 2018.
- Candidates must enroll in the field of Turkish Studies.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply for the scholarship, you may go to the given link:
To apply, students should submit the required materials:
- Cover Letter: Briefly situate your work in relation to your disciplines and identify the proposed departmental affiliation, and explain why Northwestern is a particularly good place to pursue your research.
- Research Statement: A two-page summary of your dissertation.
- Research Proposal: A two-page research plan for the fellowship period.
- Teaching Statement: Titles and short descriptions of at least two undergraduate courses that you could teach under the auspices of your proposed departmental affiliation.
- Writing Sample: Only one sample equivalent to a single journal article, book chapter, or dissertation chapter.
- Three Letters of Recommendation.
- Graduate Transcript
- Curriculum Vitae
- Northwestern University will provide the salary in the amount of $55,000.
- In addition, the Fellow is eligible for $5,000 per year to fund research and conference travel, and up to $2,000 in reimbursement for allowable relocation expenses in the first
Detailed Information Link:
You have questions about this application. E-mail questions to turkishstudies-at-northwestern.edu.