Award Amount: $2,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 31
Winner Announcement: Not Known
If you are an enrolled member of a New York State you have a chance to apply for this “Native American Indian Aid”. In order, to apply the student must be enrolled in an approved program offered by a college, university, technical school, school of nursing, business, or trade school located in New York State. The scholarship is designed to help student o pursuing their education goal.
HESC primary audiences are: New York State students and families High school counselors College financial aid administrators. The Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is New York State’s higher education student financial aid agency.
To receive the Nitro Parent Scholarship, a beneficiary must:
- The student must be a resident of New York State and be on an official tribal roll of a New York State tribe or be the child of an enrolled member of a New York State tribe. New York State tribes include members of the Iroquoian tribes (St. Regis Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca Nation, Tonawanda Band of Seneca, and Tuscorora), the Shinnecock tribe, and the Poospatuck tribe. An official tribal roll is a list of individuals designated by the tribal authorities as member of their tribe.
- The student must have graduated from an accredited high school, attained a high school equivalency diploma or be enrolled in a special program at an approved, accredited postsecondary institution which will lead to degree status and to a high school equivalency diploma.
- The student must be enrolled in an approved program offered by a college, university, technical school, school of nursing, business, or trade school located in New York State. Approved programs include collegiate and no collegiate program which are registered by the New York State Education Department.
- Students registered for less than 12 credit hours per semester will be considered part-time and will be funded on a prorated basis.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants who are interested to apply for the scholarship must check the given link: https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/nys-grants-scholarships-awards/nys-aid-to-native-americans.html
Applicants must submit the following:
- Proof of high school graduation
- An official tribal certification form and
- A letter of acceptance from the college
The eligible student who did the best will receive up to $2,000 per year for up to four years of full-time study.
Detailed Information Link: