Award Amount: $5,000
Number of Awards:3
Deadline: December 8, 2017
Winner Announcement: February 2018
Are you an Ohio high school student looking to earn scholarship money for college? Do you enjoy shooting and editing short videos? If so, put your creativity and cybersecurity knowledge to the test for a chance to win up to $2,500 in college scholarships!The Take Action Video Contest is now available that is sponsored by the Ohio Attorney General’s Office and the Ohio Council on Economic Education.The video contest is open to all high school students who are in grades 9-12, in Ohio.The purpose of this competition is to help students enhance their knowledge of consumer rights while increasing their cybersecurity knowledge.
The Ohio Attorney General is the chief legal officer of the State of Ohio in the United States. The office is filled by general election, held every four years. The current Ohio Attorney General is Mike DeWine. The office of the Attorney General was first created by the Ohio General Assembly by statute in 1846.
- All Ohio high school students in grades 9–12,
- Individuals who have previously won the Take Action Video Contest may not participate.
- Employees and immediate children or dependents of employees of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office or Ohio Council on Economic Education may not participate in 2017 Take Action Video Contest.
- Individual students or teams of no more than two students may submit a video.
Instructions for Applying:
To participate, students (in teams of two or individually) should create a 60-second informational video on one of the following topics:
- Privacy on your smartphone
- Social networking scams
- Creating strong passwords
- Videos must be 58-62 seconds in length. Video must be original student work.
- Only one video may be submitted per individual or team.
- Upload an “Unlisted” Video to YouTube
- Visit YouTube.com to sign in and upload your video
- During the video uploading process, select “Unlisted” under “Privacy Settings.” Videos submitted without the proper privacy settings will be disqualified
- Copy and paste a link to the “unlisted” video in your email entry. Double check to make sure the link is correct!
To be eligible, the body of the email must include all of the following:
- Contestant name(s)
- Topic of video
- Title of video
- YouTube link to “unlisted” video
- If your video includes music, submit either (1) a link to the website from which you downloaded the music or (2) a grant of permission from the Copyright owner to use the music
- School name
- School Address (including city, state, and zip code)
- Advisor name(s)
- Advisor’s email address
- Advisor’s telephone number 3 | Page
- If you have selected a parent advisor, please list the parent’s home address (including city, state, and zip code)
Students must submit links to their videos by email to ConsumerOutreach-at-OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov
The top three winning individuals or teams of two will receive the following prizes:
- First place: $2,500 scholarship
- Second place: $1,500 scholarship
- Third place: $1,000 scholarship
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions should be directed to the Ohio Attorney General’s Office at 800-282-0515 or ConsumerOutreach-at-OhioAttorneyGeneral.gov.