Award Amount: Varies
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 19, 2017, at midnight, U.S. EDT.
Winner Announcement: Sunday, April 15 through Friday, April 20, 2018
Are you ready to join the ranks of Kiplinger Fellows — journalists trained to thrive in the Digital Age? The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio University is excited to announce the Kiplinger Digital Media Fellowship. The program will help you sharpen reporting skills to hold government and institutions accountable as well as seek innovative journalists with a strong desire to reboot their digital skills.
The Ohio State University commonly referred to as Ohio State or OSU is a large, primarily residential, public university in Columbus, Ohio. Founded in 1870 as a land-grant university and ninth university in Ohio with the Morrill Act of 1862, the university was originally known as the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College (Mech).
Applicants for the fellowship must meet each of the following requirements:
- Open to print, broadcast or online journalists from around the world.
- Applicants need at least five years of professional experience to apply.
- Internships and freelance work count, if you worked at least 20 hours a week.
- Applicants need to have a command of spoken and written English to benefit from the fellowship. They will not have translators.
- Your three work samples must be in English as well. If your work as a journalist requires that you write in another language other than English, you must provide originals and English translations.
Instructions for Applying:
To enter, the applicants submit enters through the given link:
Before you begin, you might want to write these four pieces, which you then can copy and paste into the application:
- A short bio (maximum of 150 words).
- A short explanation of how the Kiplinger Fellowship would benefit you and your newsroom (maximum of 200 words).
- Web links to three recent stories that showcase your talent. International journalists whose work does not appear in English must supply English translations of three stories (details below).
- Two references who know your work well (name, title, organization, email, phone).
- The highly coveted fellowships provide lodging, most meals and free training – thanks to the generosity of the Kiplinger Foundation and Kiplinger family.
- Limited travel stipends are available to international fellows (totally no more than half of the airfare)
- S. Fellows will be asked to pay their transportation to and from Ohio.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have questions, you can contact Kevin Z. Smith at smith.10002-at-osu.edu or 614-688-7464.