The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften – ISAS – e.V. is located in Dortmund and Berlin. Besides scientific activities in the development of new or improved measuring methods and analytical separation techniques as well as spectroscopy and spectrometric equipment in modern analysis, research is undertaken in the areas of spectroscopic methods and analytical contributions to solving problems in the fields of materials and life sciences.
In the group In-Situ-Spectroscopy at ISAS Berlin we invite applications for a
PhD position (m/f) in the research field of microfluidic biosensing
You will be responsible for
• IR microscopic studies of biomolecular adsorption on surfaces
• Optical simulation for understanding of solid-liquid interfaces
• Participation in preparation of biosensors
• Participation in development of measurement cells
• Cooperative AFM and ellipsometric studies
• Masters, Diploma or equivalent degree in physics
• Strong background and interest in optics of thin films
• Experience with infrared spectroscopy and microfluidics is advantageous
• A strong interest for physical chemistry and bio-analytics would be required
• A clear research topic as well as multifold training and support for PhD students in framework of ISAS and the Leibniz association
• Training and scientific development opportunities in an international environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
• Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure in various analytical methods
• The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women.
The salary will be according to the German TVöD-Bund. The part-time position (75%) is offered for three years. The position is available immediately. The time limitation of the contract is based on the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG).
Closing date for application is 15th September 2017. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, a 2-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests in the position as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, if available, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 16.2/2017 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (email@example.com). For further information on the institute please see: http://www.isas.de.