Award Amount: $64,500
Number of Awards: Two(2)
Deadline: January 5, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
Northwestern University (NU) is excited to announce the applications for two-year Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sexuality Studies. The fellowships are available those candidates who are pursuing two-year postdoctoral programme. It will pursue a program of independent scholarship under the guidance of a faculty mentor and will teach two undergraduate courses each year over the course of the three-quarter-long teaching year.
Founded in 1851, Northwestern University is a private research university. It supports research and education in life sciences, biomedical sciences, and social sciences as those fields relate to the study of human sexual orientation and human sexuality.
Eligible applicants will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Applicants with a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree must have completed it after September 1, 2013.
- Applicants without a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree must complete all the requirements for the degree before September 1, 2018.
- At the time of application, the applicant must be available for the full two-year term.
Instructions for Applying:
The online application process must be completed by the given link:
Applications will only be accepted through the online form. The following materials are all required(files must be in Adobe PDF format):
- Cover Letter- In addition to briefly, you be sure to do all of the following:
- Identify the proposed departmental affiliation.
- Briefly, describe your research trajectory to date.
- Describe how you would make use of the time at Northwestern to further your research and writing. This plan may include but should extend beyond, revisions to the dissertation.
- Discuss your teaching qualifications and provide titles and short descriptions of two or three undergraduate courses that you could teach under the auspices of the Gender & Sexuality Studies.
- Curriculum vitae-
- Research Statement- This should be a two-page summary of your dissertation.
- Writing Sample-The size of the writing sample should be equivalent to a single journal article, book chapter, or dissertation chapter. Only one sample may be submitted. It must be in English. The maximum page length is 50 pages.
- Graduate Transcript- A transcript from your doctoral-degree-granting
Northwestern University will provide:
- The total stipend is $58,500 in the first year.
- In addition, up to $3,500 per year to fund research and conference travel.
- Up to $1,500 for allowable relocation expenses in the first year.
- Up to $1,000 is also available for allowable travel
Detailed Information Link: