Award Amount: $50,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: October 25, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is pleased to announce the availability of “QuadW Foundation-AACR Fellowship” for Clinical/Translational Sarcoma Research. Applicants must hold a full-time, mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent to apply for this fellowship program. Fellowship for Clinical/Translational Sarcoma Research represents a joint effort to encourage and support a postdoctoral or clinical research fellow to conduct translational or clinical sarcoma research and to establish a successful career path in this field.
The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is the world’s oldest and largest professional association related to cancer research. Based in Philadelphia, the AACR focuses on all aspects of cancer research, including basic, clinical, and translational research into the etiology, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of cancer.
Please see the basic entry requirements below:
- Applicants must: hold a full-time, mentored research position with the title of postdoctoral fellow, clinical research fellow, or the equivalent.
- Have completed his or her most recent doctoral degree within the past five years (i.e., the degree cannot have been conferred before July 2, 2013); and work under the auspices of a mentor at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
- If eligibility is based on a future position, the position must be confirmed at the time of application, and cannot be contingent upon receiving this grant.
- Applicants must have a doctoral degree (including Ph.D., MD, DO, DC, ND, DDS, DVM, ScD, DNS, PharmD, or equivalent doctoral degree) in a related field and not currently be a candidate for a further doctoral or professional degree.
- Past AACR grantees may apply if they complied with all progress and financial report requirements.
- Investigators currently or previously held the rank of instructor, adjunct professor, assistant professor, research assistant professor, the equivalent or higher are not eligible.
- Qualified researchers are invited to apply for an AACR Career Development Award.
Instructions for Applying:
All interested applicants can go through the given link to apply for the scholarship program:
- Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae (CV): The CV must be in English and include a complete list of publications.
- References: Limited to three pages.
- Research Project Proposal: Applicants are required to use the template available from the QuadW Foundation‐AACR Fellowship for Clinical/Translational Sarcoma Research 2018 Program Guidelines and Application Instructions Page 11 of 17 proposals central website. The information must be presented in this order:
- Contents Page. Complete the Table of Contents by indicating the appropriate page numbers for each section. The Table of Contents page must not exceed one page.
- Proposal Narrative: Limited to six pages, including figures and tables.
- Facilities: Limited to two pages, Please provide a description of the research facilities, resources, and equipment that is available to the applicant and that will allow successful implementation of the proposed research program.
The successful applicant will receive the sum of $ 50,000 USD; it will support the salary and benefits of the fellow while working on a mentored sarcoma research project.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any difficulties registering, logging in, or creating your application, you can contact to proposal CENTRAL Customer Support at 1-800-875-2562 or 703-964-5840, or by e-mail at pcsupport-at-altum.com.