Award Amount: $1,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 15, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) Foundation is glad to announce “Mike Reynolds Scholarship”. Students who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors at the time the scholarship is awarded, pursuing careers in radio, television, or digital journalism are eligible to apply. The scholarship is dedicated to the news business, strong interest in pursuing a career in electronic journalism and a demonstrated need for financial assistance.
RTDNF, a 501 (c) 3 educational foundation, was created to help RTDNA members embody and uphold the standards of ethical journalism and promote leadership in the newsroom. RTDNF offers the broadcast and digital news community professional development opportunities, an open forum for the discussion of ethics, assistance with the development of leadership skills, support of First Amendment issues and the exchange of ideas and perspectives from broadcast and digital journalists worldwide. The Foundation also provides scholarships and fellowships to aspiring and early-career broadcast and digital journalists.
To be eligible, the student must possess
- Students who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors at the time the scholarship is awarded, pursuing careers in radio, television, or digital journalism
- Winners must be officially enrolled, full-time sophomores or above in good standing when scholarships are awarded
- Students may apply for only one RTDNF scholarship, and past RTDNF scholarship winners are not eligible.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications must be completed by the given link:
To complete your application, please submit the following supporting documents:
- Complete the online application form, including:
- Contact information
- URL links to 3-5 work samples
Work samples should be broadcast (television/radio) or online news pieces
Work samples should be uploaded to a host site like YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc.
- Upload the supplemental materials:
- Cover letter
Discuss your current and past journalism experience
Describe how you intend to use the funds
Discuss your choice to pursue a career in journalism
Addressed to RTDNF Scholarship Committee
- Letter of recommendation
- From a professor, advisor, or supervisor
- Addressed to RTDNF Scholarship Committee
The recipient of the scholarship will receive $1,000 and an invitation to the Excellence in Journalism conference.
Detailed Information Link: