Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is a private research university, was founded in 1824. Their students are involved in Greek L.I.F.E., as the fraternity and sorority scene is known at the school, which stresses Leadership, Innovation, Fortitude, and Evolution. Rensselaer is ranked 42nd out of all universities in the United States according to U.S. News & World Report. Its tuition & fees is $52,305 (2017-18).
With 7,500 students and nearly 100,000 living alumni, Rensselaer is addressing the global challenges facing the 21st century—to change lives, to advance society, and to change the world. The campus is bisected by 15th Street, with most of the athletic and housing facilities to the east, and the academic buildings to the west.
Vision & Priorities
“As they approach the 200th anniversary of our founding in 2024, Stephen Van Rensselaer’s original vision of a school to instruct young people “in the application of science to the common purposes of life” is more relevant than ever.”
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s ranking 42 of the Best Colleges is National Universities.
- Its tuition & fees is $52,305 (2017-18).
- It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 6,265, its setting is suburban, and the campus size is 296 acres.
- The student-faculty ratio at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is 13:1, and the school has 52.8 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students.
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has five schools: the School of Architecture, the School of Engineering, the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, the Lally School of Management & Technology, and the School of Science.
- The most popular majors at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute include Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Architecture and Related Services, and Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- Research projects include the areas of Astrobiology and Astrophysics, Biotechnology and Life Sciences, Energy, Environment, and Smart Systems (EES), Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials, Computational Science and Engineering, and Cognitive Engineering.
Educational Programs and Resources
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Education for Working Professionals
- Division of the Chief Information Officer
- Advising and Learning Assistance Center
- The Anderson Center for Innovation in Undergraduate Education
- Institute Diversity
- Center for Initiatives in Pre-College Education
Cost & Financial Aid
- At Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 61 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $33,119.
- Undergraduate Financial Aid- All U.S. undergraduate students seeking admission are automatically considered for Rensselaer merit-based awards.
- Graduate Financial Aid.
Scholarships and Grants
- Rensselaer provides varied merit scholarships. If a student is eligible for multiple Rensselaer scholarships, they will provide the scholarship which awards the highest dollar value.
- When you use your FAFSA form to apply for aid, you are automatically considered for federal aid, including grants, loans, and College Work Study.
- Rensselaer offers a variety of merit scholarships. If you’re a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you will automatically be considered for merit scholarships when you apply to Rensselaer.
- Rensselaer Grant
- Rensselaer Leadership Award
Given in recognition of an outstanding record of academic and personal achievements, a strong commitment to excellence, and illustration of intellectual curiosity. Award amounts vary.
- Rensselaer Medal Scholarship: One of their premier merit scholarships is the Rensselaer Medal, a scholarship opportunity worth $100,000 for outstanding math and science students.
- Rensselaer Room & Board Scholarship
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
- New York State Tuition Assistance Program
- Transfer scholarships
- ROTC scholarships
- Air Force
- Air and Space Studies
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Center for Earthquake Engineering Simulation
- Center for Image Processing Research
- Center for Infrastructure and Transportation Studies
- Center for Subsurface Sensing and Imaging Systems
- Center for Terahertz Research
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Decision Sciences and Engineering Systems
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Ecological Economics, Values, and Policy
- Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering etc.
When applying to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, it’s important to note that:
- The application deadline is Feb. 1, and the early decision deadline is Nov. 1.
- The application fee at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is $70.
- Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due Dec. 31.
- It is most selective, with an acceptance rate of 44 percent.
- Transfer students accepting applications- Fall, Spring, Summer.
- Transfer students minimum credits to apply – 12
- Transfer students minimum required college GPA – 3
- International students application deadlines: Fall – Feb. 2 and Spring – Nov. 1.
- International Student Contact: Nicholas J. Rosato, Associate Director, (518) 276-6216, rosatn-at-rpi.edu
- Office of Financial Aid: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 110 8th Street, Troy, New York 12180-3590
- Phone: +1 518-276-6000
- Fax: (518) 276-4797
- Website: http://www.rpi.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/