The American Savings Foundation would like to announce its “The Robert T. Kenney Scholarship Program”. Those students who are attending or planning to attend a community college, 4-year College or university, or technical/vocational program may apply.
The American Savings Foundation is an independent charitable foundation dedicated to strengthening the community by supporting education, human services, and the arts.
- Award Amount:$1,000 – $3,500
- Deadline:March 31, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not known
To receive The Robert T. Kenney Scholarship Program, a beneficiary:
- In 2016, 58% of our new recipients were first-generation college students – meaning neither parent has received a bachelor’s degree.
- Students attending or planning to attend a community college, 4-year College or university, or technical/vocational program may apply.
- Applicants must live in one of the 64 Connecticut towns served by American Savings Foundation.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply online for this scholarship program applicant must check the given link:
All required attachments must be mail to- American Savings Foundation, 185 Main Street, New Britain, CT 06051.
To apply, students must be ready to submit the following
- Student Aid Report (SAR) – this is the report that you receive after you complete your 2018-2019 FAFSA
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation- from teachers, guidance counselors, or others who know their academic and/or community service work well.
- Current high school seniors- Some area high schools can provide transcripts electronically.
- Current college freshmen- Submit a copy of BOTH your fall 2017 grades and your high school transcript. Unofficial copies will be accepted.
- Current college sophomores and above- Submit a copy of your current transcript. Unofficial copies will be accepted.
The scholarship awards range from $1,000 – $3,500 for the academic year.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, you can email Heather Hokunson at hhokunson-at-asfdn.org