Award Amount: Full tuition, mandatory fees, room and board
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 15, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program is the only scholarship in the country that offers students’ access to the resources of two of the most highly regarded universities in the world – Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The program is available for current high school students who are applying to enter Duke/UNC in the fall of 2018.During the academic year, Scholars have the opportunity to participate in programs and activities designed to help them learn new skills, expand their academic and professional networks, and solidify their personal and professional goals.
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program was created in 2000 through a $24 million gift from Julian Robertson, a 1955 graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill, and his wife, Josie. Inspired by their sons, one of whom graduated from Duke in 1998 and another who graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill in 2001, the Robertson’s believed that each institution offered a distinctive undergraduate experience, but that the combination of the two promised a breadth and depth of resources that no other university could match.
- Students must apply for undergraduate admission to Duke and/or UNC-Chapel Hill the same year they apply to the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program.
- Students must apply to the school(s) of their choice by the respective Early or Regular deadlines.
- Admission to Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill are separate processes. All forms and correspondence dealing with admission to these institutions should go directly to their respective Offices of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Students who are currently studying in the U.K., African Leadership Academy, New Zealand and Australia should review the International Selection page for eligibility guidelines at http://robertsonscholars.org/selection/international/
- All international students from regions other than the U.K., Africa, New Zealand, and Australia, and students from these regions who do not meet partner school requirements are eligible to apply for the Robertson Program and should complete the traditional High School application.
- Transfer students are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have applied for the Morehead-Cain Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the Robertson at UNC-Chapel Hill, but they may apply for the Robertson at Duke.
Instructions for Applying:
All students who wish to be considered for the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program are strongly encouraged to complete our online application through the given link: https://robertsonscholars.org/apply/high-school/
- Require 2 letters of recommendation for each applicant
- Online application requires that students self-report either their SAT score OR ACT score
- Submit an official transcript as part of your university admissions application to Duke and/or UNC.
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program provides eight semesters of full tuition, room, and board, and most mandatory fees for Scholars at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill. Scholars also have access to generous funding for up to three summer experiences.
Detailed Information Link: