Salary Range: $10,000 stipend
Type: Part-time – Graduate Assistant
Sector: Collegiate Sports
Categories: Coaching, Coaching – Basketball
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Saint Leo University is a member of the NCAA Division II competing in the Sunshine State Conference. The candidates must have a commitment to adhering to all rules and regulations of Saint Leo University, the Sunshine State Conference, and the NCAA. In addition, the candidates must understand and actively support the mission of the Department of Athletics and Saint Leo University.The Graduate Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division II Women’s Basketball program including student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination, and practice and game coaching. Also, provide administrative support as assigned.
Supported By (Hosted By):
Founded in 1889, Saint Leo University is a leading Catholic teaching institution that enrolls almost 15,000 students across our traditional Florida campus, more than 40 education center and office locations, and online degree programs.
- Candidates must be admitted into a master’s program at Saint Leo University in order to qualify for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Intercollegiate competition or coaching experience required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are essential.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicants must register through the given link: http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/10272170/graduate-assistant-for-women-s-basketball
The selected candidate will:
- Assist in all aspects of the student athlete development and performance of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program to include:
- Implementing and coordinating the recruitment process.
- Organizing, recruitment/evaluation of student-athletes.
- Instructing and supervising practices and player conditioning.
- Providing appropriate leadership, direction, and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes within the women’s basketball program.
- Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes.
- Assist with the administrative functions of the intercollegiate women’s basketball program.
- Coordinating travel for team trips, recruiting and official visits.
- Monitoring academic progress of student-athletes.
- Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
- Representing the Department of Athletics at designated University, departmental and community functions.
- Serving in public relations capacities as needed.
- Encouraging staff and student-athletes to participate in community service activities.
- Promote the University’s core values to student’s, co-workers and university community.
- Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Work hours vary during in-season and out-of-season
- Must be willing to work evening and weekends and travel with team as needed
- Compensation for positions is tuition remission in a Saint Leo University master’s degree program, plus a $10,000 stipend.
If you have questions, email the Human Resources department at jobs-at-saintleo.edu.