What Is Acceptance Rate?
Selectivity is measured by the percentage of students who are admitted. The lower the percentage, the more selective the school is. Essentially, most colleges are selective to some degree. A small group of highly selective schools admits less than a third of applicants.
San José State University Acceptance Rate
- Fall 2016 Acceptance Rate: 4%
- In 2015 Acceptance Rate: 53 %
About the University
San José State University is a comprehensive public university located in San Jose, California, United States. It is the founding school of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system and holds the distinction of being the oldest public institution of higher education on the West Coast of the United States. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. San Jose State is conveniently located on 154 acres in downtown San Jose, midway between San Francisco and the Monterey/Carmel area at the sunny southern end of the San Francisco Bay, and is easily accessible from area freeways.
“SJSU faculty and staff are dedicated to achieving the university’s mission as a responsive institution of the state of California: To enrich the lives of its students, to transmit knowledge to its students along with the necessary skills for applying it in the service of their society, and to expand the base of knowledge through research and scholarship.”
The student-faculty ratio at San Jose State University is 26:1, and the school has 21.8 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at San Jose State University include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Engineering, Health Professions and Related Programs, Visual and Performing Arts, and Psychology.
San Jose State University offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, day care, health service, health insurance. San Jose State University also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, student patrols, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
- San Jose State University has a total undergraduate enrollment of 26,432, with a gender distribution of 52 percent male students and 48 percent female students.
- At this school, 14 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 86 percent of students live off campus.
- In sports, San Jose State University is part of the NCAA I.
Cost & Financial Aid
At San Jose State University, 62 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $10,957.
- San José State University was originally established in 1857 as the Minns Evening Normal School in San Francisco.
- San José State University was founded by George W. Minns.
- San Jose State University is ranked 35 in Regional Universities West.
- San Jose State University’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities West, 35.
- Full-time or part-time study
- Daytime and evening classes
- Flexible program plans
- Cohort classes
- Experienced mentor teachers and university supervisors
- Option to student teach in a single yearlong placement or across two different settings
- Address: 1 Washington Sq, San Jose, CA 95192, United States
- Phone: +1 408-924-1000
- Website: http://www.sjsu.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for the latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/