Award Amount: $1,000 each
Number of Awards: 5
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The San Jose State University (SJSU) School of Information is pleased to offer the Director’s Scholarship for Excellence Program.The scholarship is open to new students during the first semester who are enrolled in the school’s Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) or Master of Archives and Records Administration (MARA) program. The program recognizes the potential of new students to serve as information professionals and take a leading role in shaping their profession.
The San Jose State University (SJSU) School of Information (school) – formerly School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) – prepares individuals for careers as information professionals. In support of the University’s mission, the School of Information educates information professionals who excel in virtual and physical environments and who contribute to the well-being of our global communities.
- All new students admitted to the MLIS or MARA program for spring 2018
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.2 are eligible to apply for a Director’s Scholarship for Excellence.
- The scholarship is open to both regular session and special session students.
Instructions for Applying:
To be applying, the applicants can submit an online application through the given link: https://ischool.sjsu.edu/prospective-students/how-apply/new-student-scholarships/directors-scholarship-excellence-application
- Upload a copy of your transcript showing your GPA.
- Infographic: Create an infographic/digital poster that highlights your desired career path. You may use any tool to create the infographic. A list of 10 free infographic tools can be found here (Accepted file formats include PDF and jpeg): http://www.creativebloq.com/infographic/tools-2131971
Director’s Scholarship for Excellence will worth up to (5) five scholarships of $1,000 each and the Special Session Scholarships there 13 scholarships of $1,422 each. Scholarship funds will be applied to recipients’ fees for the first semester they are enrolled in the MLIS or MARA program.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions regarding the Director’s Scholarship for Excellence, contact the Student Services Team at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeESA3ZNl4pKJy3p9KM6kxOBki6RenslGWO_CG3D3HDAX1p8Q/viewform