The University of Sargodha is a public research university based in Sargodha, Punjab, Pakistan. It was founded in 2002 by an ordinance of the Government of Pakistan. The University of Sargodha has become a legendary center of higher education, in a short span of time, respected nationally as well as internationally for its brilliant performance in teaching and research activities.
The Sargodha University remains Pakistan’s one of the most attractive universities by recruiters especially in the field of Economics, Business Management, Chemical Industry, IT Industry, Pharmacy, Pharmaceuticals, Social Services, and NGOs. During the last few years, the University has gone through a number of institutional reforms aimed at quality assurance in teaching and research.
“To serve society as a center of higher learning, providing long-term societal benefits through transmitting advanced knowledge, discerning new knowledge, and functioning as an active working repository of organized knowledge. That obligation, more specifically, includes undergraduate education, graduate and professional education, research, and numerous public services, that are shaped and bounded by the central pervasive mission of uncovering and advancing knowledge”.
Sargodha University Profile
- Type: Public sector
- Established: 2002
- Academic staff: 460
- Students: 28342
- Location: Sargodha, Punjab, Pakistan
- Nickname: UOS
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 list the top 1,000 universities in the world, making it our biggest international league table to date.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
No one is denied the right to education due to financial constraints. University of Sargodha Lahore Campus offers scholarships of the following different categories each semester:
- Merit-Based Scholarship
- Khadeeja Nizam-Ud-Din Scholarship
- Need-Based Scholarships
Divisions of the university
The University of Sargodha maintains eight primary faculties:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of the Arts, the Social Sciences and Law
- Faculty of Islamic and Oriental Learning
- Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
- Faculty of Management And Administrative Science
- Faculty of Science And Technology
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Engineering And Technology
- Engineering Departments
- The fee structure for all academics programs offered at Sub-campus Mianwali and Sub-campus Bhakkar will be same as follows, but extra tuition fee of Rs. 4000/- and Rs. 6000/- will be charged for regular and self-support programs respectively.
- 5% Withholding Income Tax per year will be charged from all those students whose annual fee/dues is Rs. 2,00,000/- or above.
- Address: University Road، Sargodha 40100, Pakistan
- Phone: +92 48 9230811
- Website: https://www.uos.edu.pk/
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/