Savannah College of Art and Design was founded in 1978 by Richard G. Rowan, Paula Wallace, May L. Poetter and Paul E. Poetter. The SCAD is established to provide college degree programs not previously available in southeast Georgia and to create a specialized professional art college to attract students from throughout the United States and abroad. SCAD is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and other regional and professional accrediting bodies.
The SCAD is a private, 4-year college dedicated to preparing students for professional careers in areas such as interior design, graphic art, architecture and video graphics. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 10,573, and the setting is City.
The Savannah College of Art and Design exists to prepare talented students for professional careers, emphasizing learning through individual attention in a positively oriented university environment.
Savannah College of Art and Design/Acceptance Rate – 69% (2015)
|Motto in English||Art is long, life is short|
|Students||11,973 (Undergraduates- 9,695, Postgraduates – 2,278)|
|Location||Savannah and Atlanta, Georgia, United States, Lacoste, France, Hong Kong.|
- SCAD is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelors and master’s degrees.
- The university confers Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Master of Architecture, Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Fine Arts and Master of Urban Design degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate certificates.
- The professional M.Arch degree is accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board.
- The Master of Arts in Teaching degrees offered by SCAD are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- SCAD is licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education.
- The SCAD interior design Bachelor of Fine Arts degree is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation.
- There are 80 student organizations related to academic and non-academic programs and activities.
- In addition, SCAD offers more than 70 minors and certificate programs and access to learning centers around the world.
- SCAD offers on-campus and online bachelor’s and master’s degrees in art and design fields, such as photography, graphic design, animation, illustration, and fashion.
The university is divided into eight schools:
- School of Building Arts- Programs: Architecture, Cultural Landscape, Electronic Design, Historic Preservation, Interior Design, and Urban Design
- School of Communication Arts- Programs: Advertising Design, Digital Publishing, Digital Publishing Management, Graphic Design, Illustration, Illustration Design, Scientific Illustration, Sequential Art, Storyboarding, Typeface Design
- School of Design- Programs: Design Management, Design for Sustainability, Exhibition Design, Fibers, Furniture Design, Industrial Design, Marine Design, Interaction Design, Metals and Jewelry, and Service Design
- School of Fashion- Programs: Accessory Design, Fashion, Fashion Marketing and Management, Luxury and Fashion Management, and Menswear
- School of Entertainment Arts- Programs: Dance, Dramatic Writing, Equestrian Studies, Film and Television, Motion Media Design, Performing Arts, Production Design, Sound Design, Television Producing, Technical Direction
- School of Digital Media – Programs: Animation, Character Technical Direction, Concept Art for Games, Interactive Design, Interactive Design and Game Development, Visual Effects, Motion Media Design
- School of Fine Arts- Programs: Book Arts, Ceramic Arts, Painting, Photography, Portrait Arts, Printmaking, and Sculpture
- School of Foundation Studies -Programs: Drawing
- School of Liberal Arts – Programs: Architectural History, Art History, Arts Administration, Arts and Entertainment Management, British-American Studies, Business Management and Entrepreneurship, Cinema Studies, Creative Writing, Museum Studies, New Media Art, Writing and Teaching
The university offers a study-abroad campus in Lacoste, France. In fall 2010, SCAD opened SCAD Hong Kong in the former North Kowloon Magistracy. The university enrolls more than 11,000 students from across the United States and around the world with international students comprising up to 14 percent of the student population.
Tuition and Fees
At each level, SCAD tuition covers the cost of the extraordinary opportunity a SCAD education provides in the classroom, at networking events and in collaboration with leaders in your chosen career field. For more information, you can check the given link: https://www.scad.edu/admission/tuition-and-fees
The university’s tuition and fees are $35,910 (2017-18). For more information contact at 800.869.7223, 912.525.5100, Fax: 912.525.5986, admission-at-scad.edu
When applying to Savannah College of Art and Design, it’s important to note that:
- The application deadline is rolling.
- The application fee at Savannah College of Art and Design is $40.
- Scores for either the ACT or SAT test are due N/A.
- It is selective, with an acceptance rate of 71 percent.
- Fall 2016 acceptance rate – 71%
- Atlanta: 877.722.3285, 404.253.2700, Fax: 404.253.3466, scadatl-at-scad.edu, Add: SCAD Admission Department, P.O. Box 77300, Atlanta, GA, 30357-1300 USA
- Hong Kong: 852.2253.8000, Fax: 852.2253.8064, admission_hk-atscad.edu, Add: SCAD Admission Department, P.O. Box 2072, Savannah, GA, 31402-2072 USA
- Savannah, eLearning, Lacoste: 800.869.7223, 912.525.5100, Fax: 912.525.5986, admission-at-scad.edu, Add: SCAD Admission Department, P.O. Box 2072, Savannah, GA, 31402-2072 USA
International Student Services Office
Contact at: 912.525.7304, isso-at-scad.edu
Phone: 800.869.7223, Email: Contact-at-scad.edu
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/