Award Amount: $50,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 12, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Satcher Health Leadership Institute (SHLI) invites applications for “SHLI Health Policy Leadership Fellowship Program”. Applicants to apply for the fellowship program must have received a doctoral degree or medical degree with completed residency training prior to the start of the fellowship program. The program is designed to provide physicians and postdoctoral professionals with the specific knowledge, skills, and experiences to prepare them for leadership roles promoting and implementing policies and practices to reduce disparities and advance health equity.
The Satcher Health Leadership Institute (SHLI) was established in 2006 by David Satcher, MD, PhD—physician, researcher, thought leader, and pioneer in public health. The institute’s mission is to develop a diverse group of exceptional health leaders, advance and support comprehensive health system strategies, and actively promote policies and practices that will reduce and ultimately eliminate disparities in health.
This scholarship program is applicable for:
- Applicants to the fellowship program must have received a doctoral degree or medical degree with completed residency training prior to the start of the fellowship program.
- All fellowships are for a 10-month period, beginning in September and ending in June of the following year.
- Fellows may also receive faculty appointments at the Instructor or Assistant Professor level (based on qualifications) in an academic department at Morehouse School of Medicine related to their discipline.
- Positions will be full time, with time divided between fellowship and departmental responsibilities.
Instructions for Applying:
To applying for the scholarship you must go through the given link:
Have the following ready before you complete this application.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all institutions, colleges, and universities attended (transcripts must come directly from your institution, college, and/or university)
- Certified copy of doctoral degree diploma or letter from Department Chair attesting that degree requirements will be completed no later than June 1 (June 30 for residency programs).
- Curriculum Vitae (in Morehouse School of Medicine format) (link)
- Postdoctoral fellows will receive a minimum $50,000 stipend, based on the level of appointment and departmental affiliation.
- In addition, fellows receive support for books, conferences, travel, and other program-related expenses.
Detailed Information Link:
For additional information, you may contact: Health Policy Leadership Fellowship Program The Satcher Health Leadership Institute Morehouse School of Medicine 720 Westview Drive, SW NCPC 238 Atlanta, GA 30310-1495
Fax: (404) 752-1040