Award Amount: $3,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: December 1 (Spring 2018)
Winner Announcement: March 1, 2018
The Simmons College in Boston is excited to announce the Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholars Program and this program is to available those students who are studying at Simmons College as well as International students are also eligible to apply for this opportunity. The program is to provide financial aid to international students to help them pursue undergraduate study program.
The Simmons College, established in 1899, is a private woman focused undergraduate college and private co-educational graduate school in Boston, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.It has offered a pioneering liberal arts education for undergraduates integrated with professional work experience.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You can apply as a freshman for the fall semester.
- Standardized test score of 28 or higher (ACT), 1300 or higher (new SAT) or 1250 or higher (old SAT – CR+M). Minimum of 600 in each SAT section strongly recommended.
- Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores.GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted.
- College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level math course during, or prior to, your senior year of high school.
- A record of taking honors, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) courses, as available in their high school systems.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, the application consists of two parts:
- A short answer and a formal essay. Students must upload these documents or submit them via email to ugadm-at-simmons.edu.
- On each page of the document, students should include their full name and date of birth.
- Short Answer(of no more than 250 words): How would you use your additional annual award of $3000 (for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay(of no more than 500 words): In what manner can a woman most effectively lead change in today’s world?
To apply, the applicant will create a new account for online application through the given link: http://www.simmons.edu/admission-and-financial-aid/undergraduate-admission/how-to-apply
- The scholarship covers full tuition, mandatory fees, and room and board.
- An annual award of $3,000 is given for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and research support.
- Finalists for scholarship consideration will be notified in mid-January. Recipients will be notified by March 1.
Detailed Information Link: