The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center is glad to announce Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Internship to Fellowship (I2F) Program. Students who have received an associate’s or bachelor’s degree by the time the program commences are encouraged to apply. Its two-tiered learning experience designed to introduce recent college graduates to the diversity of career opportunities within the fields of museum sciences and support.
The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center was established in 1997. The Center works to incorporate Asian Pacific American heritage within the Smithsonian Institution’s work.
- Award Amount: $9,750 plus a travel allowance of $500
- Deadline: 31 May 2018, 11:59 EDT
- Winner Announcement: 30 June 2018
All recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents and have received an associate’s or bachelor’s degree by the time the program commences and but not more than two years prior (degrees completed September 2016-2018).
- First generation degree-holders are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Degrees may be in any major.
- Recent graduates from Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) of higher education such as Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs) are encouraged to apply to this program.
- Applicants with interests beyond research, such as business administration, organizational development, education, are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The Smithsonian is committed to ensuring that all employees and affiliated persons (including interns) are treated equitably in an environment that is free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender stereotyping, pregnancy, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, parental status or marital status.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants can be applied for the scholarship by using the given link: https://solaa.si.edu/solaa/#/public
- Resume (max 2 pages)
- Statement of Interest (max 2 pages) – the statement of interest should address:
- What are you career goals and interests?
- Which of the listed disciplines are you most interested in and how do you see this internship fitting into your career goals?
- What prior academic and professional experiences do you feel have prepared you for an internship at the Smithsonian?
- Transcripts (unofficial are acceptable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- The interns will receive a stipend of $9,750.
- If accepted to the follow-up fellowship, fellows receive an additional stipend of $9,750.
- All awardees will receive a one-time travel allowance of $500.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any query regarding the program you can contact at siofi-at-si.edu and include “APA I2F” in the subject line.