Award Amount: $100,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Winner Announcement: Not known
James Ewing Society, the Society of Surgical Oncology is thrilled to announce “Clinical Investigator Award”. Applicants must be surgical oncologists within 8 years of completion of training to apply for the scholarship. The goal of the award is promoting patient-oriented research through the training of surgical oncologists in clinical and translational science.
SSO is the premier organization for surgeons and healthcare providers dedicated to advancing and promoting the science and treatment of cancer. The Society’s focus on all solid-tumor disease sites is reflected in its Annual Cancer Symposium, monthly scientific journal (Annals of Surgical Oncology), education initiatives, and committee structure.
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Applicants must be surgical oncologists within 8 years of completion of training.
- Be full SSO members for at least 6 months prior to application submission to be eligible for the award.
Instructions for Applying:
Application form for the award can be downloaded from the given link: http://www.surgonc.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/cia-criteria-2018.pdf?sfvrsn=2
- Cover page
- Curriculum Vitae
- Supporting Letters
Research Proposal: This should include the following items:
- Abstract: The abstract should describe the clinical trial, the hypothesis being tested; specific aims of the research, and the novelty and clinical impact of the anticipated results. (Limited to 1 pagegle spaced, 12 pt. font, one-inch margin)
- Research plan: This section should focus on any critical preliminary data, overall and specific approaches/methodology, any alternative approaches, statistical plan if
applicable, expected results, and the exact role of the applicant. (Limited to 6 pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. font, one-inch margin)
- Resources: This should include a brief description of the clinical cancer trials infrastructure at the applicant’s institution as well as any required resources in laboratory science, population science, epidemiology, biospecimen repositories, biostatistics, etc. (Limited to 1 page, single-spaced, 12 pt. font, one-inch margin)
- Literature cited: (no page limit)
All application material must be address to the address given below:
The SSO Foundation of the Society of Surgical Oncology 9525 W. Bryn Mawr Ave., Suite 870 Rosemont, IL 60018 Email: ssofoundation-at-surgonc.org
The scholarship will award for two years at $100,000 ($50,000 per year) for the winning candidates.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have additional questions, please contact The SSO Foundation during business hours at 1-847-427-1400, ext. 107, or email ssofoundation-at-surgonc.org.