Award Amount: Scholarship of $5,000 plus $5,000 grant
Number of Awards: Twenty
Deadline: December 5, 2017 (11:59 p.m. PST)
Winner Announcement: March 2018
Students with Sustained and Innovative Hunger-Fighting Ideas can apply for “Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships” from the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States. The United States grows up with dependable access to enough nutritious food to enable them to lead a healthy, productive life.
In 1999, Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation, a not-for-profit organization, was created with the mission to ensure that every child in the United States grows up with dependable access to enough nutritious food to enable them to lead a healthy, productive life. Sodexo, Inc. funds all administrative costs for Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation to ensure that all money raised helps those in need.
To be considered for Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship the candidate must:
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States.
- All applicants must be ages 5-25 and meet the age requirement by Oct. 5, 2017.
- All applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States who reside in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii only.
- Volunteer services performed by an applicant must help non-family members.
- If the applicant is selected as a potential national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient or regional Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Honoree, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student’s parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants register themselves through the given link to apply for the scholarship: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fSodexoFoundation%2f
The scholarship recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship, as well as a $5,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community.
Detailed Information Link:
For additional information regarding the scholarship program, you can contact Stop Hunger’s partner, International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS), by email at StopHunger-at-applyists.com or by phone at 615 320 3149.