Sogang University was established in 1960, is one of the leading research and liberal arts universities in South Korea. Sogang has approximately 8,000 students (including 1,350 international students) and 24 majors, as well as masters and doctoral programs.
The name Sogang means “west of Han River”, and when it first opened – as Sogang College – it had six departments: economics, English, history, mathematics, philosophy, and physics. Behind the university’s main campus is Gonzaga Hall, an accommodation block that that accommodates up to 900 students from all over the world.
Mission & Aim:
- The university mission is too developed into an academic community with excellence in education and research.
- Sogang University aims to educate students to understand God’s true meaning and to understand the true meaning of life according to the solid tradition that has been made at Jesuit universities over the past 460 years.
- The Sogang University has around 28 ranks in Asia on Arts & Humanities.
- It has 38 ranks in Asia on Social Sciences by 2010 QS University Rankings.
The cardinal red university color symbolizes love, the Holy Spirit, martyrdom, loyalty, and victory. The silver chevron comes from the first letter representing the intellectual spirit of Sogang and an ivory tower. The “IHS” comes from the first letters of the Greek name Ιησους (ΙΗΣΟΥΣ) for Jesus and is also found on the seal of the Society of Jesus, the Catholic religious order that founded the University. The medieval crown stands for the Virgin and Trinity, symbolizing wisdom.
Studying at Sogang University:
It is among the top five business schools in Korea. Located near the financial hub in Seoul, it had the highest job-landing ratio for undergraduates among universities in Korea in 2006, 2007 and 2008: the percentages of employment in major companies measured by the Ministry of Education have been 55.1%, 53.3% and 54.9% for these years.
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- PhD Degree
Sogang University: Subjects
- Social Sciences
- Business & Economics
- Engineering & Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Arts & Humanities
- Student Services
- Housing Services
- Library Services
- Medical Services
- Address: 35 Baekbeom-ro, Daeheung-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
- Phone: +82 2-705-8114
- Website: http://www.sogang.ac.kr/index.do
You can also join our facebook page kindly go through the given link: