Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 15, each year
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Soroptimist Organization is pleased to announce the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards. The program is open to women who are enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program. The Dream Programs of Soroptimist ensure women and girls have access to the education and training they need to reach their full potential and live their dreams. Soroptimist is committed to investing in programs that have a sustainable, measurable change for women and girls.
Soroptimist is a global women’s organization whose members volunteer to improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. Approximately 74,000 Soroptimists in over 120 countries and territories support community–based and global projects benefiting women and girls. The name, Soroptimist, means “best for women,” and that’s what the organization strives to achieve. Soroptimists are women at their best, working to help other women to be their best.
You are eligible to apply for the Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
- Only resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories are eligible to apply for the educational grants. (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guam, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Northern Mariana Islands, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, United States of America, Venezuela).
- Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents.
- Has financial need.
- Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
- Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
- Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
- Does not have a graduate degree.
- Is not a Soroptimist member, an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or immediate family of either
- Has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
Instructions for Applying:
Video: How to Submit https://youtu.be/pE97I4_Ng4c
If interested in applying for the Live Your Dream Awards, then you may download and submit an application through the given links:
- Download: http://www.soroptimist.org/awards/english/application.pdf
- Submit: http://www.soroptimist.org/rise/SIA/lydapplication
Upload two reference forms (Download athttp://www.soroptimist.org/members/program/programdocs/lyd-awards/english/reference-form.pdf)
- The Live Your Dream Awards involves three levels of cash awards. The program begins at the local Soroptimist club-level, where award amounts vary.
- Local-level award recipients become eligible for region-level awards of either $3,000 or $5,000.
- Region-level award recipients then become eligible to receive one of three international-level awards of $10,000.
- Recipients may use the cash award to offset any costs associated with their efforts to attain higher education, including books, childcare, and transportation.
Detailed Information Link:
If you still have questions, contact Soroptimist headquarters at siahq-at-soroptimist.org