Job/Position Title: South Carolina Graduate Assistantship
Stipend Range: A stipend for 10-20 hours per week
Application Deadline: March 15 for fall and summer and October 15 for spring
A number of graduate assistantships are available to fully admitted full-time students that are administered by in the School of Library and Information Science at the University of South Carolina. The programs are assigned to work with faculty members, in the administrative offices, in the computer labs, and in the S.C. Center for Children’s Books and Literacy (CCBL). GAs will receive a stipend for 10-20 hours per week and usually receive a tuition supplement in accordance with Graduate School policies. Graduate assistantships are also available in the University Libraries and the School of Medicine Library.
The University of South Carolina School of Library and Information Science is one of the nation’s youngest, but most distinguished, schools of library and information science education. They are nationally accredited by the American Library Association. Its mission reflects their commitment to encouraging excellence in research and teaching, creating leaders committed to diversity and public service, promoting creativity, and encouraging the development of innovative practices.
- Candidates must be fully admitted to the MLIS program to be eligible for consideration and must be able to be on campus at least three days a week or 10 hours per week.
- Candidates must be full-time students
- GA’s are required to enroll in and remain enrolled in courses considered appropriate for inclusion in a SLIS approved a program of study.
- All GA’s must register for at least 6 semester hours of graduate credit in a regular term (audits and courses taken for undergraduate study are excluded).
- The maximum enrollment for a SLIS student is 12 credit hours.
- Audited courses and undergraduate courses count toward the maximum permitted course load, but do not count toward the minimum hours for GA’s.
How to Apply:
To be applying, the applicants may download the application through the given link: http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/cic/internal/graduate/slis/studentservices/pdfs_forms/gradasst.pdf
A current resume
The applicants may submit their complete application for Graduate Assistantships (pdf) to Mike Corbo, School of Library and Information Science, 1501 Greene Street, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.
- If you did not attach an application to your Admissions Application, submit your application and a current resume via e‐mail to slisss-at-mailbox.sc.edu.
- The applicant is welcome to check the status of the selection process at any time by contacting Corbo at 803-777-3858 or e-mail him at mcorbo-at-mailbox.sc.edu.
- All graduate assistantships positions are located in Columbia, South Carolina.
- Graduate Assistants may receive a stipend for 10-20 hours per week and usually receive a tuition supplement in accordance with Graduate School policies.
If you have any questions, contact at 803‐777‐3887. Applicants may direct all inquiries to Mike Corbo, School of Library and Information Science, 1501 Greene Street, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208.