Salary: Commensurate with credentials, qualifications, and experience
Hiring Unit: College of Arts and Sciences, Department of Historical Studies
Terms of Appointment: Continuing tenure-track academic year (nine months) appointment.
ApplicationDeadline: October 15, 2017
The History Department at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville invites applications for a tenure-track position field in the History of Medicine or Science with a non-US focus. Faculty in the Department of Historical Studies teaches three courses per semester. The candidate is also encouraged to teach interdisciplinary courses with faculty in CAS as well as with our professional schools, such as Nursing, Pharmacy, and Engineering. Faculty who can foster collaborative interdisciplinary research and apply for external funding is highly desirable. Additionally, the Department offers an MA degree and a Ph.D. in History through our cooperative doctoral program with Southern Illinois University Carbondale, as well as a post-baccalaureate certificate in museum studies.
At Southern Illinois University Illinois University Edwardsville, the History Department is a dedicated group of teacher-scholars who value both teaching and research excellence.Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is authorized to operate as a postsecondary educational institution by the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. They encourage applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and people with disabilities.
- A Ph.D. in History or closely related discipline is required at the time of employment beginning in August 2018.
- Persons who have not completed all degree requirements by the beginning of the contract period (ABD) may be considered for a one-year term appointment at the rank of an instructor until the degree is completed.
- College-level teaching experience and grant-writing experience is preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply using a single PDF file that includes the following materials:
- A letter of application identifying their research and teaching expertise
- A current CV
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A writing sample
- Sample Syllabi
Three letters of recommendation
The applicants must send all required material using a single PDF file via email to historysearch-at-siue.edu
- Additionally, in a separate email, send three letters of recommendation to historysearch-at-siue.edu.
Source of Funds: State
If you have any questions, contact by Mailing Address at SIUE Office of Human Resources, Campus Box 1040, Edwardsville, IL 62026-1040, Phone: (618) 650-2190 or Fax: (618) 650-2696