The Southern Methodist University (SMU) is a private research university in Dallas, University Park, and Highland Park, Texas. The University offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences and undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs through seven schools. Founded in 1911 by the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, SMU operates satellite campuses in Plano, Texas, and Taos, New Mexico. The SMU is offering 123 undergraduate degrees, 127 graduate and professional degrees, including 23 doctorates.Southern Methodist University has approximately 43% of the undergraduate student body affiliated with its Greek system.
The mission of the Southern Methodist University is to affirm its historical commitment to academic freedom and open inquiry, to moral and ethical values, and to its United Methodist heritage. Among its faculty, students, and staff, the University will cultivate principled thought, develop intellectual skills, and promote an environment emphasizing individual dignity and worth.
Overall University Rankings
- U.S. News & World Report ranks SMU as 56th among “National Universities” in its 2017 edition
- 1st In the 2009–10 National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics Directors Cup Division I Final Standings, SMU is ranked as the top school in its conference
- According to current rankings by the Princeton Review, SMU is listed nationally as #13 for Best Alumni Network, #11 for Best Quality of Life, #3 for Most Greek Life, #14 for Most Beautiful Campus, and #6 for Top Internship Opportunities
- 2018 -Southern Methodist University is ranked #61 in National Universities
- 2017 Southern Methodist University is ranked Based on data collected
- On-campus Room and Board –$14,645
- Out-of-state Tuition and Fees -$$45,940
- Salary after 10 years– $53,40
- 26% of undergraduates are members of a minority group. There are students from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. 1,652 SMU students (14% of the student population) report a foreign country as their place of residence
- SMU’s female to male ratio is approximately 1:1 and its student-faculty ratio is 11:1. The average age of undergraduate students is 20, while that of graduate and professional students is 30
- Among students reporting a religious affiliation, 25% are Catholic, 16% are Methodist, 38% are from other Protestant denominations, and 14% are from other religions including Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism
- The international student population makes up 14.6% of enrollment, and the largest groups are from China, India, and Saudi Arabia
The student-faculty ratio at Southern Methodist University is 11:1, and the school has 59.1 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at Southern Methodist University include Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Social Sciences, Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs, Engineering, and Visual and Performing Arts. The average freshman retention rate, an indicator of student satisfaction, is 90 percent.
Cost & Financial Aid
At Southern Methodist University, 32 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $22,210.
Campus: Urban, 237 acres (0.96 km2)
Total enrollment: 11,739 (2016)
Address: Dallas, TX 75205, USA
Phone: +1 214-768-2000
You can also join our facebook page kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/