Award Amount:$5,000 per year
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: December 15
Winner Announcement: Not known
St. John’s University is delighted to announce the Catholic School Program to provide support for up to four years of undergraduate study. As a Catholic university, they are supporting families who are committed to a Catholic education. The program is open to students who are graduating from a Catholic high school by June 2018 and who are first-time freshmen who will be entering St. John’s University beginning with the fall 2018 semester.
St. John’s University (SJU) is a private, Roman Catholic, Research University located in New York City, United States. Founded by the Congregation of the Mission (C.M., the Vincentian Fathers) in 1870, the school was originally located in the neighborhood of Bedford–Stuyvesant in the borough of Brooklyn.
- Students must be graduating from a Catholic high school by June 2018
- Are first-time freshmen who will be entering St. John’s University beginning with the fall 2018 semester
- Must be full-time students (minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Awarded for up to four years of undergraduate study, students enrolled in their five-year, joint degree programs will not be eligible for this award once they begin their graduate study
- Do not need to be United States citizens or permanent residents, but do need to graduate from a Catholic high school in the U.S.
- Incoming freshmen may also be eligible for additional need-based and/or academic scholarships.
Instructions for Applying:
There is no application for the Catholic School Scholarship. Incoming freshmen who are interested in this scholarship are asked to submit the FAFSA through the given link: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Note: the FAFSA becomes available on October 1 and you are encouraged to submit by December 15 using their school code 002823.
- John’s University has created a Catholic School Scholarship which provides an annual award of $5,000, for a maximum award of $20,000 over four years of undergraduate study.
- Award will be renewed for up to four years of undergraduate study as long as the recipient remains in good academic standing. Eligible first-time freshmen will automatically receive the minimum award.
- Students are atomically awarded this scholarship upon freshman admission for the 2018-2019 academic year
Detailed Information Link: