Stevens Institute of Technology is a private institution that was founded in 1870. It is one of the oldest technological universities in the United States and was the first college in America solely dedicated to mechanical engineering. The university has a total undergraduate enrollment of 3,021, its setting is a city, and the campus size is 55 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. The Stevens Institute of Technology’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is 69 in the National Universities.
“Stevens Institute of Technology’s mission is to inspire, nurture and educate leaders in tomorrow’s technology-centric environment while contributing to the solution of the most challenging problems of our time.”
The student-faculty ratio at Stevens Institute of Technology is 10:1, and the school has 36.3 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at Stevens Institute of Technology include Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration and Management, General, Civil Engineering, General, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Chemical Engineering.
- Ranked 8thin the nation among the “25 Colleges That Are Worth the Money” by CNBC, 2017.
- Ranked 5thin the nation among the “10 Private Colleges That Are Worth the Price” by CNBC, 2017.
- Ranked 5thin Investopedia’s “27 Colleges with the Highest-Earning Graduates,” 2017
- Named one of the “15 BestValue Small Colleges for a Math Degree” by Best Value Schools, 2017.
- Ranked 5thin the nation among “the 30 U.S. colleges where students go on to earn the most money” by CNBC, 2017.
- Top 25 “Most Innovative Schools” in the national S. News & World Report, 2018.
- Ranked69 in the category of Best National Universities in S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges2018 edition.
- Ranked #11for Best Online Master’s in Computer Science by College Choice.
- Ranked #17Among the 50 Best Value Online Master’s of Business Administration by Best College Values, 2017.
- Ranked 1st in the nation for “Online Master’s Information Systems: Top 20 Values 2017” by College Values Online.
- Ranked 7th in the nation on TFE Times’ 2017 Master of Business Intelligence & Analytics Rankings.
- Ranked 12th in the nation on TFE Times’ 2017 Master of Financial Engineering Rankings.
- Ranked 13th in the nation on TFE Times’ 2017 Master of Management Rankings.
- Ranked 10thamong the “Top 30 Online MBA Programs in Business Analytics 2017” by Online MBA Today.
Cost & Financial Aid:
- At Stevens Institute of Technology, 64 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $12,278.
- Its tuition and fees are $50,554 (2017-18). The campus encompasses Castle Point, the highest point in Hoboken, and several other buildings around the city.
Acceptance Rate: 43.8% (2014)
Stevens Institute of Technology offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, women’s center, placement service, health service, health insurance. Stevens Institute of Technology also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, lighted pathways/sidewalks, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
Campus Life, Safety & Sustainability:
- Recognized as a Top 5College Town by Princeton Review, 2018.
- Ranked 14thfor “Town-Gown Relationships are Great” by Princeton Review, 2018.
- Ranked 33rd among the top 100 universities in the U.S. for eco-friendliness and sustainability in the Save on Energy 2017 Green Report.
- Recognized as a “Green College” by Princeton Review, 2017.
- Recognized as a “Hoboken Green Business” by the City of Hoboken, 2017.
- Top 10 “Safest Campus in New Jersey” in the 2017 Niche Rankings.
- Ranked 19th in the nation for “students most engaged in community service” by Princeton Review, 2017.
Stevens Institute of Technology has a total undergraduate enrollment of 3,021, with a gender distribution of 70 percent male students and 30 percent female students. At this school, 68 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 32 percent of students live off campus.
- Address: 1 Castle Point Terrace, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA
- Phone: +1 201-216-5000
- Website: https://www.stevens.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/