Award Amount: $50,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 11, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) is glad to announce the establishment of the “Stryker/ORS Women’s Research Fellowship”. In order to apply for the fellowship, applicants must be in a full-time postdoctoral training position and are not eligible after three years of post-degree research experience. The purposes of this Corporation is to promote, support, develop and encourage research in surgery and musculoskeletal disease. It also develops and sponsors educational activities related to the foregoing.
The Orthopaedic Research Society is a professional, scientific and medical organization focused on orthopaedic research. For over 60 years, the Orthopaedic Research Society has been the leading research society supporting engineers, orthopaedic surgeons, biologists, and clinicians in pursuit of a world without musculoskeletal limitations.
In order to apply for the fellowship, applicants must meet all of the following eligibility
- Applicant must be a Female
- Member of the ORS
- Post-doc (less than 3 years after obtaining Ph.D.)
- Applicants must be in a full-time postdoctoral training position and are not eligible after three years of post-degree research experience.
- Ph.D. in science or engineering
- Currently conducting research in a field that will advance orthopedic science and technology
- Currently affiliated with a US-based non-profit, public or private institution of higher education, such as teaching hospitals, medical schools, universities, colleges or research institution; awards may not be transferred outside the US.
- Has a legal working status in the US; US citizenship or permanent residency preferred.
- Individuals admitted to the United States as Permanent Residents must submit notarized evidence of legal admission.
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested in applying, you may check the given link: https://ors.memberclicks.net/stryker-ors-womens-research-fellowship#/
- CV or NIH Style Biosketch for applicant
- CV or NIH Style Biosketch for postdoctoral supervisor
- Personal statement (2 pages max)
- Applicant’s future career goals
- Related background examples and thoughts on how to support and advance women in science
- Resources and Facilities (1-page max)
- Proposal research plan (5 pages max)
- Background and Significance
- Preliminary studies
- Research plan
- Budget and timeline
- The fellowship will be offered for 1 year.
- The award amount is up to $50,000 per year, for direct costs. Indirect costs are not permitted.
- The fellowship is not intended to provide full-time salary.
- Two awards per person per lifetime are allowed (opportunity to re-apply)
Detailed Information Link: