Award Amount: Between $500 and $6,000
Number of Awards: Varies
Deadline: October 1st of each application year
Winner Announcement: Not known
The “Students with Heart Foundation” is proud to announce the Students with Heart Scholarship to all students who are suffering from Cardiac Disease and/or deformities.In order to apply, the applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of your application. Students who are eligible are in the process of entering college this calendar year or are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. Through the program, the foundation helps the students who are suffering from all different types of heart disease.
The mission of Students with Heart Foundation is to provide financial assistance by means of scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate students who suffer from all different types of heart disease and deformities, thus relieving some of the stress from the rough and rigorous journey they will face throughout college.
- All applicants must be participating in the United States Accredited College/University and maintain a minimum status of part-time student (six credits).
- All applicants must be U.S. Citizens, Nationals or Permanent Residents at the time of Application.
- Applicants must have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 at the time of the Application.
- Students who are eligible are in the process of entering college this calendar year or are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- All applicants must participate in a personal interview with the President or any of the other delegated board members if one is so requested by the Foundation.
- Students with more severe cardiac cases will be put at a higher priority, however, all students suffering from Cardiac Disease and/or deformities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, the applicant can download the application through the given link: http://www.studentswithheart.org/SHFScholarshipApplication-2.pdf
- Applicants must provide a letter from a Licensed Physician, declaring that the applicant suffers from any Cardiac disease or deformities.
- All applicants must submit an official transcript from the current academic institution.
- Students must also provide one letter of recommendation from a previous or current professor.
- All applicants are required to submit a personal statement of no more than 2,000 words and no less than 500 words, describing what obstacles they have had to overcome due to their cardiac disease or deformities.
All application forms, transcripts, letters, and personal statements must be faxed back to the: Students with Heart Foundation Fax: 1-(305) 397-1917
- The number of Scholarships and the Scholarship award amounts will vary between $500 and $6,000 for the first academic year of Foundation’s existence, with all future amounts adjusted accordingly to the amounts of Donations received for that year.
- Scholarship awards will be disbursed directly to the college/university to which the recipient is attending
Detailed Information Link:
Any questions or correspondence regarding the scholarship should be sent to info-at-studentswithheart.org. or feel free to call at (325)728-0138.