Award Amount: $20,000 USD
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: 5:00 pm on December 1st, 2017 (Pacific Time Zone).
Winner Announcement: January 2018.
Symantec Corporation is delighted to announce the Symantec Research Labs Graduate Fellowship Program. The program is open to student who is enrolled in a Ph.D. program. A key goal of the program is to fund innovative research that has real-world value, in areas where Symantec conducts business. The fellowship program is to cover tuition, this portion of the award will be made through the university.
Symantec Corporation is an American software company. The company produces software for security, storage, backup, and availability – and offers professional services to support its software. Symantec is a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 stock-market index.
To eligible, the candidates must meet all the following criteria
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD
- Preference will be given to students with a desire to work in an industrial research lab and those working on innovative research projects in areas related to Symantec’s businesses such as host-based and network security, cloud computing, virtualization, machine learning, data mining, etc.
- Recipients will also be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence and their academic progress to date as evidenced by publications.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, application materials must include the following:
- Resume or C.V.
- Personal statement of research interests not to exceed 500 words. Applicants are strongly encouraged to articulate the value and novelty of their research.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or industry researchers who can evaluate the applicant’s scientific aptitude and potential for research. Letters of recommendation may be sent separately and confidentially.
Applications and letters of recommendation will be sent to email at SRLFellowship-at-Symantec.com or by mail to
Attn. Kevin Roundy
900 Corporate Pointe
Culver City, CA 90230
The SRL Graduate Fellowship provides up to $20,000 USD that may be used to cover one year of the student’s tuition fees and to reimburse expenses incurred by the student to engage in research collaboration with Symantec, such as conference registration fees, travel expenses, hardware, etc.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions or additional query, send an email to SRLFellowship-at-Symantec.com.