The University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad (UASD) was established on October 1, 1986, to cater to the needs of the farming community of northern Karnataka. The University has tri-fold functions of Teaching, Research, and Extension in the field of agriculture and allied sciences. In its 28 years of dedicated service, the University has earned the reputation of being a ‘Farmers’ University’.
The University has its jurisdiction over 7 districts namely Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bijapur, Dharwad, Gadag, Haveri, and Uttar Kannada in northern Karnataka. The University has been striving to keep pace with new frontiers of science and contemporary challenges to be social, economically and technically relevant. UAS, Dharwad is also an ISO 9001:2008 certified institution.
The mission of the University is to provide leadership in teaching, research and extension in agriculture and allied sciences. The University is committed to developing excellent manpower and useful technologies and their dissemination to the farming community of the state in general, and the University jurisdiction, in particular.
The UASD is a state agriculture university established by the Government of Karnataka which imparts education, research and extension activities in the fields of agriculture, forestry, food science, Agri. marketing and home science. The University has 5 Colleges, 30 Research Stations, 6 Extension Education Units, 5 Krishi Vigyan Kendras and ATIC. The university has constituent colleges at places of Karnataka state:
- College of Agriculture Dharwad
- College of Agriculture Vijayapur (Bijapur)
- College of Agriculture Hanumanmatti (Haveri dist)
- College of Rural Home Science Dharwad
- College of Forestry Sirsi
- College of Food Technology Dharwad
- Undergraduate teaching is being carried out at four campuses viz., Dharwad, Bijapur, Hanumanamatti and Sirsi in five-degree programmes viz., B.Sc. (Agri.), B.Sc. (Ag. Maco), B.Sc. (For.), B.H.Sc. and B.Sc. (Food Technology).
- Postgraduate teaching is being carried out at three campuses viz., Dharwad (M.Sc. & Ph.D. in Agriculture and Home Science), Bijapur (M.Sc. in Agriculture) and Sirsi (M.Sc. in Forestry).
- Masters’ degree program is being offered in 25 disciplines and Ph.D. in 18 disciplines.
- Two years Diploma (Agri.) course is being offered at six campuses viz., Dharwad, Bijapur, Jamakhandi, Nippani, Akki Alur and Kumta.
- Semester system of education is being followed for UG, PG and Diploma courses.
- The University has adopted the IV Deans Committee recommendations for course curricula including the Rural Agricultural Work Experience (RAWE) and Experiential Learning Program for undergraduate degree programs.
- Current student strength in the University is 3,916, which comprises 2,710 (UG), 616 (Masters), 184 (Doctoral) and 396 (Diploma).
- Majority of the students admitted receive scholarships and fellowships from various Government, non-government and private organizations.
- The University has a cosmopolitan outlook with students admitted from the ICAR stream, DBT-JNU entrance test and international nominations from Srilanka, Nepal, Malawi, Ethiopia, Syria, Afghanistan, Ghana, Sudan, Kenya, Canada, USA, Nigeria, Sierra Leona, Liberia, Namibia, etc.
- The University has organized seven international symposia in the recent past on Cotton, Parthenium, Pomegranate, Wheat, Fruits and Vegetables, Agri-Biotechnology and IDRC
- Sc. (Graduate) Courses Offered: Agriculture, Forestry, Home Science, Agri Business-Management, Agriculture Co-operation and Marketing, and Food Technology.
- Sc. & Ph.D. (Post Graduate) Courses: Agronomy, Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Biochemistry, Agril. Economics, Agril. Statistics, Crop Physiology & Botany, Horticulture, Agril. Marketing Co-op. & Agribusiness Management, Seed Science, and Technology, Agril. Extension Education, Genetics, and Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, Plant Pathology, Agril. Microbiology, Agril. Entomology, Environmental Science, Food Science and Nutrition, Human Development, Textiles and Apparel Designing, Extension Communication Management, Forest Biology, Silviculture, Forest Protection, Forest Utilization, Agroforestry, Forest Engineering, and Forest Management. (This list is indicative, not exhaustive.)
Are you interested in studying at University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad? Then you can visit the given admission link: https://sites.google.com/a/uasd.in/admission/
- NRI/NRI sponsored quota admissions
- UG Admissions
- PG Admissions (Masters)
- PG Admissions (Doctoral)
- Diploma Admissions
- Lateral Entry
Syllabus In University
- Syllabus for Undergraduate Courses
- Syllabus for B.Sc. (Agri)
- Syllabus for B.Sc. (Agmaco)
- Syllabus for R.H.Sc.
- Syllabus of B.Tech. (Food Technology)Syllabi for Post Graduate Degree Programs
- Curricular & Syllabi for PG Degree Programs
Graduates are appointed as agriculture scientists, agriculture officers in state and central governments, banks and other financial institutions such as insurance companies. With the setting up of commodity exchanges in India, degree holders in agriculture are in greater demand.
University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad provides specialist support and guidelines for international students, faculty and visiting scientists from all over the world. If you are an international student interested in joining UAS, Dharwad, a current student looking out for higher education and study abroad opportunities, or an overseas scientist and/or institution looking to collaborate and work with them, they are here to help. This office is the first point of contact for you and provides support service for University’s International strategy. For more information about study, degree programs, fees and finance, and admission, etc. check the given link: https://sites.google.com/a/uasd.in/international-office/
- Making provision for imparting education in different branches of the study, particularly Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation, and Forestry, Fisheries, Agricultural Engineering, Home Science and allied sciences.
- Furthering, the advancement of learning and conducting research, particularly in agriculture and other allied sciences.
- Undertaking the extension education of such sciences and technologies especially for the rural people of the state.
- Such other purposes as the State Government may by notification in the Official Gazette specify from time to time.
- Promoting partnership and linkages with national and international educational, industries, research and other institutions.
For Further Information- Contact
University of Agricultural Sciences, Krishi Nagar, Dharwad, Karnataka State, India
Phone: +91-836-2214420, Fax: +91-836-2745276
Get In Touch With the University at-